ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Class Years on Name Tags for Multi Year Reunion

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/29/12 06:05 PM Views: 1675 Replies: 10
Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 6:05 PM

What is the difference between year/class and classmate year? I selected the class year to show on my name tags but they do not. If I select the year/class it shows the 1969-1972. If I enter one of the years where it says (class of)under the classmate year then I get the year I input and the year of graduation, if I don't fill in a year, nothing is printed. How can I get each classmates year to show on their name tags? All we are wanting is to put the name and year graduated.

Monday, April 30, 2012 at 11:06 AM - Response #1

The differences is shown on the setup page. The year/class option shows "Classes Of 1969 - 1972" and the classmate year option shows "Class of " and the class year of the classmate.

I just tested it in both Firefox and Chrome and it displayed the class year properly on each nametag in both, when selected in the set-up options.

Monday, April 30, 2012 at 5:41 PM - Response #2

I just tried again several times in both firefox and chrome. I have selected the first, maiden, married name and have everything else hidden except the classmate year. I am selecting the second name tag and the second label type. Everytime I try this all I get is the photo and name. As I was typing, I just happened to decide to try the first name tag layout and the year does show up on the side of that one. Will the year not show on the second name tag layout? I want the name larger, not small under the photo. I would like the year either under the photo or under the name. Is this possible? By the way, our reunion is this weekend, so I need help asap. Glad I didn't leave this to the last minute. Whew!

Edited 04/30/12 5:43 PM
Monday, April 30, 2012 at 5:47 PM - Response #3

Are you looking at the preview lower down on the page or are you looking at the actual pdf file produced when you click Generate Nametags at the bottom of the page?

The preview is not truly representative, it is just there to give you an idea and show you the selected classmates.

Monday, April 30, 2012 at 6:00 PM - Response #4

I am looking at the pdf files that are generated. The class does show up on the first layout, but the second layout choice shows only the photo on the left and the name on the right

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at 10:59 AM - Response #5

I have been able to reproduce this and I'm sending it to programming for review/correction.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at 12:16 PM - Response #6

Please let me know as soon as this is corrected. I need to print name tags before Friday night.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at 1:08 PM - Response #7

We can't promise that it will be done by then. In fact I'd say the odds are pretty low. I recommend using the other format. When I checked, the class year did show up on that one.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at 11:05 PM - Response #8

As far as I am concerned, the first format is not an option. The high school name and class year is more prominent than the classmate name. They are after all a name tag and that is what I want people to see. If I leave off the name of the high school and logo, like I wanted, the whole thing is off balance on the first option. Is there a way to convert the PDF to word, so I can just add the year to the second option? I guess I could print them without the year and create that in word and run them through the printer a second time, but what a hassle.

Friday, May 4, 2012 at 7:24 AM - Response #9

I have been working on printing the name tags using the second option and I have been successful in printing the year by running the name tags through a second time and using MS Word to add the year using the avery template.

My second problem, that I haven't resolved, is that the guest names are in much smaller print and not centered at all. I would suggest that there be an option to input the Avery label number and generate the name tags in Word so we have the flexibility of centering those names, adding years or whatever else might need to be done.

An alternative might be to have an option to not print the name tags for the guests, so they could be generated differently if needed.

If I print my name tags as they are now, I really don't like the appearance of the guest name tags and can't stop them from printing or adjust them in anyway.

I know I appear to only be complaining, but I just got a little frustrated earlier. I really appreciate the site and the possibilities that you have provided here.

Monday, May 7, 2012 at 3:13 PM - Response #10

We apologize for the frustration. Rest assure that fixing this is on our near-term priority list, but programming tasks are about at the level of our capacity to accomplish them right now, so things are not happening as quickly as we'd like. We appreciate your patience as we work to address this.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.