ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

memorial page for teachers

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/11/10 09:44 AM Views: 2092 Replies: 18
Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 9:44 AM

is there anyway we can post memorials for teachers, or have an icon that allows us to put them in as deceased?

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 10:12 AM - Response #1

Yes. Just do this:

1) Click Edit Site Pages
2) Click the Edit button next to your In Memory page
3) Add deceased teacher

This works exactly the same as adding a deceased Classmate, with the only difference being on the output page all teachers will be grouped under a Teachers heading.

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 10:25 AM - Response #2

MAYBE I am missing something, I try that and U get a message to Type in a name and then wait for the selection list to appear, then select a member from the selection list.
Examples: "John" or "Smith" or "1958" or "1958 Smith"

this is a teacher that never signed on..is that the problem?
Most of our teachers are deceased, so I justed to put a flower next to their name, and it won't let me.

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 10:35 AM - Response #3

No this is not a problem. What happens when you type in the teacher's name? You should be able to easily add the teacher.

What is the teacher's name?

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 10:42 AM - Response #4

Barrie Daly is the teachers name, but I have alot that I would eventually like to add.

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 10:51 AM - Response #5

All right. So what is the problem exactly? You simply need to add Barrie Daly the exact same way you've added your deceased Classmates. I.E. do this:

1) Click Edit Site Pages
2) Click the Edit button next to In Memory
3) In the name field type Daly
4) You will see Barrie Daly immediately display. Click directly on the name to select it.
5) Finally click the Add Deceased Classmate (we should probably rename this button on multi year sites since it could be a teacher like in this example)
6) Now view your In Memory page. You'll see Barrie Daly under the new Teachers heading.

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 10:56 AM - Response #6

OK, for some reason I wasn't getting the name coming up after I entered it...it is working now.. thanks Brad, you are a wonderful, wonderful on the BALL , site administrator..
shall I go on??????

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 11:42 AM - Response #7

I have tried to follow the instructions for adding a deceased teacher but the individual merely shows up under normal classmates deaths. I can find no Deceased Teacher item anywhere. I am obviously doing something wrong.

Lee Gilmore

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 11:53 AM - Response #8

I guess my question is, How do I add the category Teachers to the bottom of the years listing as was done on this site. Lee
Gilmore

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 12:03 PM - Response #9

Lee Gilmore wrote:

I guess my question is, How do I add the category Teachers to the bottom of the years listing as was done on this site. Lee
Gilmore

Wat you need to do is add them as GUESTS, this will put them at the bottom of the list.

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 12:12 PM - Response #10

I see where "Guest" is after the years on your In Memory page, but the question is, how did the category Teacher get added to the In Memory page of the school that originally submitted this question. Lee Gilmore

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 1:09 PM - Response #11

Only MULTI-YEAR SITES can have TEACHERS.

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 1:37 PM - Response #12

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Only MULTI-YEAR SITES can have TEACHERS.

Yes But BRAD stated on one of my posting that they were working on putting it for all the site to have.Rolling EyesExclamationIdeaQuestionVery Happy

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 1:41 PM - Response #13

Hi Dawn,

I have a couple of teachers/administrators listed on my In Memory page if you would like to take a look.

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 2:18 PM - Response #14

Why only multi-year sites? Us single year sites also have favorite teachers that have passed away.
Lee Gilmore

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 2:49 PM - Response #15

You can remember former teachers who have passed away, but first you need to add them as GUEST members, (I recommend saying "(Teacher)" after their last name) and then add them to the In Memory page.

Sunday, September 12, 2010 at 8:39 AM - Response #16

I'm looking forward to this update also, for the single year sites for teachers.

Sunday, September 12, 2010 at 3:48 PM - Response #17

I second Gary's comment. I'd really like to see Teacher capability for single year sites. Any idea when it will be available?

Also, I'm starting to connect with other classes from our HS and they may wish to join on and have this a multi-year site some day. Will that be a problem to convert in the future?

Sunday, September 12, 2010 at 5:30 PM - Response #18

I agree about having a separate teacher category from guests on single class sites. I think it is a tad disrespectful to the teachers to mingle them in with other non-classmates and to have to scroll through those others to find them. That's why I'm looking forward to having the ability to honor them separatly from others and to keep them uniquely grouped together, even though there is at least a temporary way to do it now if we want to. Hope you guys can do this soon!

Edited 09/12/10 5:31 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.