ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Reunion Name Tags

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/11/10 09:23 AM Views: 3948 Replies: 29
Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 9:23 AM

I know this has been previosly discussed but Is there any chance the Photo/Name Tag entry will be added to the sites in the next few weeks in time for our reunion Oct 1-3, 2010?
Thanks,
Will

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 11:11 AM - Response #1

With any luck we'll have a beta version out next week. And any tweaks to the beta will likely be fully in place the week after. Should be just in time for your reunion.

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 11:16 AM - Response #2

This is great news! Ours is Oct 9th, and I am in charge of tags!

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 11:23 AM - Response #3

That would be Awesome. In case I am under a rock when that happens Please call or text me so I can be apart of the Beta test. 267 581-0824
Will

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 11:25 AM - Response #4

Ditto! I might luck out and squeeze this enhancement in while in Beta. My reunion is Sep 25th Very Happy

Sure would make the guy happy that is doing them manually.

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 11:28 AM - Response #5

Squeaking in by Sept. 24 - travel day. This doesn't look good for me.

Has anyone used justtags.com? I found a post about them dated 2009.

Hopefully, there is still time to have them made. I am swamped on this end.

Gwen

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 11:45 AM - Response #6

You younger folks are much more savvy about this stuff than I (Class of 1960), but, having scanned each 0f 177 classmates photos from our yearbooks into my hard drive, at only 75 dpi, for the website I was able to email them to the printer in batches. The printer did a wonderful job on our nametags. The printer also did our reunion book and only needed the material one week before the reunion.

That 177 included all who were in our class from the 8th through 12th, graduated or not, so compared to some of you we had a very small class. I cannot imagine doing a class of 600. We all knew each classmate.

Edited 09/11/10 11:48 AM
Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 11:55 AM - Response #7

From a Marine, I'll take the "You younger folks..."! Smile

Re: Scanning classmates' pictures: A classmate had scanned our yearbook pages in the fall. I had them on another site before coming here. Once here, I put up an announcement for volunteers. One request was for someone to crop the individual senior pictures. Not only did another classmate volunteer, she had all 370+ done in three (3!) days!

Marine, Sir...if you would email me using the button to the left, I would like to learn what you had on your nametags, did you have card stock tags and so no. I'm sure you understand. That and what info you included in your memory books would be grand. Anyone else wish to share, maybe she can start another topic or find an existing one... or you can email me! Very Happy

By the way, the Marines I worked with in the past served aboard CV-10 during WW-II and later. Smile

Regards,
Gwen

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 12:59 PM - Response #8

A salute to you, sir!! Bonita

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 1:19 PM - Response #9

If you get the Beta out by this Wednesday we can test this as well. Our reunion is the 18th.

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 1:42 PM - Response #10

Gwen Corey wrote:

Squeaking in by Sept. 24 - travel day. This doesn't look good for me.

Has anyone used justtags.com? I found a post about them dated 2009.

Hopefully, there is still time to have them made. I am swamped on this end.

Gwen

Yes...I just used them for our reunion in August..the company is awesome. You don't have time to contract with them.SadSad And they book up fast..they can only do so many reunions a year. They need your yearbooks to scan the grads pictures in advance. Just designing the badge takes about 6-8 wks.We managed to to it in about 6 wks. We contracted with them in April to do our tags. I would highly recommend them.
The cost for a badge with grad pic is $2.99 they have 2 styles a strap clip and regular clip. Then they have ones on lanyards for $3.09. a pc..without photos is $2.79. They are about the size of a credit card and just as thick!
Here's a sample of our name tags for the grads made by JustTags

For the Spouses and Guest..we did our own using an Avery Badge kit.
I hope this helps.WinkWink

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 1:43 PM - Response #11
AHSNameTagSample.JPG

I guess the sample didn't attach..MMMM!!! I will try again.

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 2:20 PM - Response #12

I would like to be part of the Beta also. Our Reunion is Oct 2nd and I was not looking forward to doing the name badges seperately.

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 2:44 PM - Response #13

Please include our site in the Beta test!

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 3:09 PM - Response #14

Thank you for the kind words!

Our name tags were simple, the classmate tags, had the cap & gown pic, or the latest H.S. pic if they didn't graduate with us, on the left; and on the right was their name in as large & bold lettering as permitted. Older eyes appreciate the large & bold. The spouses/guests simply had their name again large & bold but below in parenthesis was the name of the classmate to whom they were married or the guest, simple & uncluttered format.

We built our reunion book from a questionaire, some responded fully, some less than, and a few not at all.

We included, basically, name, address, phone, email, spouse, anniversary, children, occupation(s), distance traveled to reunion, previously lived in, military service, remembrances of school, highlights of your life for the last 50 years, comments, goals/dreams still to accomplish(can you say Bucket List), and again the cap & gown pic or the one from the highest grade they attended with us, plus any other pics they forwarded for the website or book, such as military pic, current pic, family pic.

Some only needed a half page, a few needed 3 pages, we tried to accomodate all.

The books, black & white, cost us $13.70 each and the name tags were about 90 cents each including the plastic holder with clip.

The books included a laminated cover (important), with a pic of the high school & our alma mater. We titled the sections "Ah, Yes, I Remember Them Well", "In Memory", and "Where Are They Now?". I typed up each page with photos and all they printer had to do was make the copies and collate them.

Ours was basically "plain jane", nothing fancy, but enjoyed by all. Our reunion was one night casual finger foods at a classmates home, an afternoon tour of the old high school, and one night sit down dinner at a restaurant with a loose program allowing mostly time for visiting. We didn't have a cruise, a golf tournament, a shooting match, etc., and I believe all left wanting more.

At our dinner we did recognize our veterans, our teachers that were in attendance as our guests and those classmates who became teachers, those that had earned doctorates, and had a time for remembering those we had lost.

We did not recognize all who had earned other degrees as we felt that might have caused some discomfort for those who didn't graduate high school/college. And, at our age it really didn't matter, we just wanted to renew,catch up on old friendships.

Edited 09/11/10 3:18 PM
Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 5:10 PM - Response #15

Thanks, Darlene and Billy for your replies.

Do I hear....
BETA! BETA! BETA!

Add me to the list of Beta testers!

Very Happy
Gwen

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 7:09 PM - Response #16

We had our 50th in July and this is what we did with our name tags with senior pictures on them. We turn them face down then when classmates came in they pick a name tag, then they had to find that person and give them their name tags. It was a great mixer, ice breaker and alot of fun.

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 11:07 PM - Response #17

Ditto on the BETA test ~ we met today with name tags high on the agenda for a reunion Oct 28-29

THX

Sunday, September 12, 2010 at 1:10 AM - Response #18

Brad & Company continue to make us admin's look so good!
This will be a great tool for us to use.
I am sure it will be easier that our efforts efforts earlier this year, a very time consuming task!
We printed just under 600 name tags - one for every member of the class.
Those name tags of deceased classmates were used on the Memory table, and about 15 classmates whom we had no contact with, either them registering on the site or making reservations, showed up.

p.s. - will we be able to put the school logo on those tags?

Sunday, September 12, 2010 at 9:24 AM - Response #19

Yes, options will include school logo, Master Photo, Yearbook photo, and school photo as the card background image. All optional of course. I'm actually looking forward myself to seeing what it will include. Smile

Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 2:35 AM - Response #20

Anxious ~ did I/we miss being accepted for the beta test?

Edited 09/25/10 2:35 AM
Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 8:20 AM - Response #21

No. We'll probably open the nametag feature to the beta group Monday.

Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 4:27 PM - Response #22

Please, please, please SmileSmile

My reunion is saturday

Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 4:27 PM - Response #23

Please, please, please SmileSmile

My reunion is saturday

Friday, October 22, 2010 at 11:27 AM - Response #24

Brad,
Are we there yet?
Those of you who tested the beta, can you let the rest of us see the results?
Very Happy

Friday, October 22, 2010 at 11:58 AM - Response #25

We made anyone who wants to be a tester a tester instead of just the early beta group. While we're still adding some enhancements now you can go right ahead and use the nametag feature by following the directions in the beta group thread.

Monday, January 10, 2011 at 10:48 PM - Response #26

Those name tags are great!! Awesome job! I will keep them in mind.

Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 12:29 PM - Response #27

How do I get into the Beta Group?
Or otherwise find the Beta Group thread?
I need nametags in a few months.

Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 1:22 PM - Response #28

Our reunion is next summer...I'm really hoping the nametag feature is available by then! Sounds like it was very much requested and successful in the beta? Any more in regard to an update on this feature?

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 at 5:58 PM - Response #29

Hi Sherry,

The beta was expanded out to everyone and the link is under your Reunion Planner. It is still in Beta and tweaks and adjustments will continue to be made.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.