ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Does uploading a new class list completely overwrite the old?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/20/09 11:34 PM Views: 1183 Replies: 1
Saturday, June 20, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Built the site a couple months back, and few classmates (about a half-dozen) have found it and entered their details, profile, and photos.

I just received a much larger list of email addresses (couple hundred). I want to get these loaded into everyone's respective detail page. Then send out a mass emailing to let everyone know about the website and to come and register.

I could open class member details page by page and enter the email address, but that will take a lot of time. I could merge the list of email addresses I received with the current downloaded excel spreadsheet that I got from the classcreator site.

But if do the spreadsheet merge, then upload that back to classcreator, will I wipe out the few existing profile and photos that are there already?

Thanks for your help,

-- Mark

Saturday, June 20, 2009 at 11:38 PM - Response #1

No. You can only batch import a Classmate name 1 time. If you batch again, the system will ignore any existing records and only add the new Classmates that are not in the system yet. If you have Classmates in the system already and they haven't joined, and also have very few details in their record, and you want to update the record with additional details, it's best to use your "Reset Classmates" option (under Manage Classmates) to reset ONLY those Classmates who haven't already joined your site. Once you've done that, you can use your batch import function again to upload the more complete records to the system.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.