ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Donation page requires user login?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/01/16 08:51 PM Views: 978 Replies: 4
Friday, January 1, 2016 at 8:51 PM

I have set up a donations page via the Donation Manager admin function (on a non-high school site I've created). I go to Edit Site Pages >> Edit Link and uncheck "Restrict to Members Only". Then I log out and click on my donations page (which is titled 'Become A Sponsor') and I am forced to log in to make a donation. Is the forced log-in by design? I want to allow non-members of my club to donate without joining my site. My workaround (which I prefer not to do) would be to make 'donations' part of my merchandise store that I plan to create. Any ideas/suggestion? Thanks.

Monday, January 4, 2016 at 1:30 PM - Response #1

Our system is set up to only accept registrations as well as donations from members only. Your only other option would be to embed a PayPal button directly into the content area of your site that would allow for anyone who can see the button to click in and be taken to PayPal to complete their donation.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 at 5:34 PM - Response #2

Scott, I tried using the Product Manager and it appears you have to be logged in just to see the store I created. Is that by design? If so, can this be changed... I want to allow anyone to buy club merchandise even if they are not a member of my club (e.g., buying a gift for someone).

p.s. On a related note, it appears the shopping cart functionality is not working in the responsive design, even when I am logged in. I can click on "Add to Cart" but then there is no cart at the bottom of the page where I would check out. So I actually have two problems: 1) the Product Manager requiring me to join before I buy something and 2) being unable to complete a purchase because the cart doesn't show up (again, on responsive design).

Edited 01/12/16 5:50 PM
Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 2:58 PM - Response #3

That is correct. You must be logged in. That cannot be changed. This is true for the Donations, Product Manager and the Event Planner. I am testing the cart with the programmer today. Hope to have that resolved right away.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 4:15 PM - Response #4

Thank you, Scott.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.