ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Strange message left on member profile

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/05/10 03:24 PM Views: 1491 Replies: 3
Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Brad,

One of our members had someone leave a message on her profile that was very rude and strange. I checked her profile and saw that it was listed publically. I changed that, but wondered if someone who is not registered on the site could accomplish this?

Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 5:15 PM - Response #1

Brian Hamilton wrote:

Brad,

One of our members had someone leave a message on her profile that was very rude and strange. I checked her profile and saw that it was listed publically. I changed that, but wondered if someone who is not registered on the site could accomplish this?

Brian,

Nope, only members of the site can post a message on the Profile if the Classmate has opted to allow Profile Comments. With every post would be the poster's name though, so you should be able to see who did it.

I'm assuming you mean it was a true post and not somebody who sent a message through the Profile Contact form. On that one anybody can send a message if the Profile is not restricted to only fellow members.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010 at 10:39 AM - Response #2

Brad,

She received a "private message" from the profile screen, which showed up under her messages on the site, which required(?) someone to have a login. The email address used was ppa@hotmail.com and the name was listed as "Private Person". The message is still attached to her name, if you want to go in and look at it, Her name is Vanessa (Brown) Bonner. Please let me know what you think?

Wednesday, January 6, 2010 at 9:01 PM - Response #3

No, the message is not attached to her name, nor is there a ppa@hotmail.com in the entire Class Creator system for that matter. Thus I'm assuming what happened here is she initially had her Profile open to the public to email her. Thus somebody from the outside did. If you have your Profile set for public accesss then anyone can potentially send you an email. The message would have gone to her own private POP3 email box though, it couldn't possibly have come into the Message Center inside the system. That's why it wasn't there when I went into her Message Center to look for it.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.