ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Download and upload class list

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/11/11 02:41 PM Views: 1332 Replies: 5
Saturday, June 11, 2011 at 2:41 PM

I would like to be able to keep detailed records on my attempts to contct, and research info. I would like to be able to download the file, modify various fields or commments and then just be able to reupload so that each classmates record is updated accordingly. I cannot seem to find a way to do this, only to update them one by one under manage classmates. Kinda cumbersome... Am I missing a way to to this?

Saturday, June 11, 2011 at 3:27 PM - Response #1

Nope. After a classmate has been uploaded, the information isn't ever uploaded again. You would need to delete the classmate in order to re-upload information. But then if you deleted the classmate, you would lose any profile information that the classmate entered.

The Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmate, DETAILS, Admin Notes is where most admins keep track of attempts to contact and research information. This field is one of the fields that is downloaded each time.

Saturday, June 11, 2011 at 4:43 PM - Response #2

So, could I somehow just upload those notes as one big batch upload? Sounds like I can only upload one at a time?

Saturday, June 11, 2011 at 5:39 PM - Response #3

If the classmate already exists, you would need to delete the classmate before uploading, but yes, you could upload them all at once if you first deleted all of the classmates you were going to upload. When you delete the classmate, you will also delete any classmate yearbook photo for that classmate.

To delete multiple classmates, there is a RESET CLASSMATES found on the Manage Classmates, Upload Classlist page. It will allow you to select which classmates you want to delete/reset.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 3:17 PM - Response #4

I can download the Admin Notes, but after clearing out the classlist, when I upload them, the admin notes are not uploaded. All other info is uploaded correctly.

Why?

T.J.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 3:24 PM - Response #5

Admin Notes field is not one of the upload fields.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.