ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

profile generator

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/22/09 03:38 PM Views: 2137 Replies: 12
Thursday, January 22, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Hi! Last Friday I added more questions on the profile generator and I have noticed that classmates that are registered have gone in to answer them, but when I look at their profiles, some of the questions are missing but the answers are there. I wonder what I did?

Thursday, January 22, 2009 at 4:49 PM - Response #1

Please give me an example Classmate name, and an example of a question where the answer is there but the question is missing, and I'll check it out.

Thursday, January 22, 2009 at 6:21 PM - Response #2

Mary Garcia-Smail and Thomas Kenneth Hart are a couple of the classmates.

Thursday, January 22, 2009 at 10:17 PM - Response #3

You are blowing out your site with the ~~~~~~~~~~~~ above and below the "keep scrolling down" message in your Announcements. If you remove about 10 of those on both lines your site will snap back in place.

Thursday, January 22, 2009 at 10:24 PM - Response #4

Regarding your Profile Generator problem, I'm stumped. I'm turning it over to the programmers for resolution. I have a funny feeling it's something simple in there, and that the programmers are going to have a good laugh that I'm unable to find the problem. But, after 10 minutes of racking my brain trying to figure this one out, I'm givin' up. Smile

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 3:01 PM - Response #5

Hello! I removed the ~~~~~~~, Thanks! Ok, just let me know what you & your team figure out about the questions on the profile generator.

Thank you for all the great work you do for our class sites!

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 6:54 PM - Response #6

It's going to be Monday before we delve into that. Hang tight. I suspect some special character or something like that got in there that we didn't anticipate. It's probably a quick fix once we track down the issue.

Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 11:53 AM - Response #7

Hi Brad & Team,

I am just following up on the status of the original question I had about all questions showing up on classmate profiles.

Thank you again,
Tamara

Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 12:02 PM - Response #8

That's because I managed to answer your question in the wrong thread. Smile No wonder Kyle had no idea what I was talking about..

There was never a problem here. People are putting answers in boxes not meant for answers. For instance, if you go into Snail's Profile, you'll see that in her Youtube video box she entered "Happy Gilmore & Hot Chick". That box is meant for inserting Youtube Object Embed code. So that's why on that Profiel you see "Happy Gilmore & Hot chick" sitting there by itself seemingly without a question in front of it.

This Classmate simply needs to remove that information from the Youtube video box, or you can go in and remove it if you want. If people are not posting a video in that box, it should be left blank.

Edited 02/01/09 12:03 PM
Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 12:06 PM - Response #9

By the way, I can see why people may be getting confused. In the progression you're asking them for favorite this, favorite that, favorite drink, and then videos. I think one could easily assume you're now asking them what their favorite videos are. Thus you get answers like Happy Gillmore. In Profile Generator I recommend changing the title from simply "Videos" to "YouTube Videos" instead, and/ore moving that question to a different location in the Profile.

Edited 02/01/09 12:09 PM
Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 12:49 PM - Response #10

I used some of the sample questions that were on one of the posts. I will arrange the order of the questions. Thank you again!

Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 12:53 PM - Response #11

How do I change the name of the YouTube Video section?

Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 1:23 PM - Response #12

That's a very good question. Smile My bad, apparently it's a default feature falling outside of Profile Generator. I just updated the verbiage globally on the system.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.