ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Class Websites in VA.?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/18/09 10:20 AM Views: 2672 Replies: 14
Thursday, June 18, 2009 at 10:21 AM

Brad or Jessica,

I am curious if there are other class website with Class Creator that are out of VA? Is there a way for me to be able to look that info up or do you happen to know that offhand?

There is a local newspaper that wants to run a story about our website and I thought maybe you could also give me some general info about Class Creator that I could use to put in a good plug for you guys! Somehow thru one of my classmates, the newspaper heard about us and are supposed to be calling me tomorrow to set up a date for an interview. I want to get a little prepared before hand. I can't say enough good things about you all and this website and what it has done for my graduating class. It has brought us all closer than ever before and it has even brought 2 classmates together (romantically) due to the website!

Thursday, June 18, 2009 at 11:43 AM - Response #1

After several takss we're working on now we'll be redoing the Locate School feature so you can more easily find all Class Creator sites in your area. It will be awhile for that yet. But yes, there would be numerous classes in Virginia on Class Creator.

We did a press release project awhile back where classes could submit their story to the local press. That round of marketing concluded, but you can use anything from this release that might be helpful:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

High School Name Class of Year
Goes Viral with New Class Reunion Website

High School Name’s Class of Year leverages classcreator.com, a new, more personalized social networking tool that makes it easy for former high school classmates to connect and communicate online, and in the ”real world,” at class reunions.

City Name Month Date, 2009 -- High School Name’s Class of Year has embraced the whole social networking phenomenon with the launch of its new class reunion website at insert web address here. NOTE: This is optional! If you don’t want the general public poking around your site, just leave it blank and we’ll end the sentence after the word “website.”

Is the Class of Year more tech-savvy than others? Do they have more cash in their reunion coffers for developing and hosting a website? The short answer is, no. The longer, more interesting, answer is self-appointed site administrator Your Name built the website for his/her graduating class using a simple, yet sophisticated, online web-building application, reunion planner, content management system and social networking tool developed by Michigan-based Class Creator.

What draws users like Your Name to Class Creator is the fact that anyone, even the most non-technical among us, can build a class website with all the bells and whistles in as little as 30 minutes. What turns them into enthusiastic subscribers goes a bit deeper.

Add your own quote here! Talk about why you’re an enthusiastic subscriber in 40 words or less, e.g., your favorite features, the ability to upload or enter the names of everyone in your graduating class, add photos, video, animated graphics, surveys, music, live chat and message forums, customer service/support” said Your Name.

According to the company’s founder, Brad Switzer, Class Creator is very different than other social networking sites. “This isn’t our space, this is your space,” said Switzer. “Class Creator gives high school graduating classes their own home on the Internet. In other words, your classmates don’t log on to our website, they go directly to the customized website you’ve built for them to share, and they’re not just voyeurs, they’re actively participating by creating profiles of their own within the site.”

Add your own quote here! Talk about why Class Creator is different in 40 words or less, how many new classmates you’re averaging per month, classmate participation and/or the safe and secure social networking aspect of Class Creator,” said Your Name.

Class Creator was built with today’s most innovative programming technologies, which give site administrators the freedom to build more personality, functionality and interactivity into their sites for a more engaging experience.

More than just a pretty face, the administrative side of each class reunion site includes a sophisticated reunion planner that allows for online registration, payments and attendance tracking, plus a dynamic content management system that maintains a spreadsheet with classmate details. As classmates find their way to the site, they’re creating profiles, adding photos, and updating their own contact information, which is proving to be a huge time saver for class reunion committees.

Add your own quote here! If you’ve used Class Creator to plan a reunion, tell your hometown how the administrative side of your website helped save time, and why other classes should build a CC site. If you haven’t used CC to plan a ,”reunion yet talk about how you think it will save time planning your next reunion. Be specific about reunion timeframes if you can," added Your Name

Class Creator sites like the one launched by High School Name’s Class of Year cost less than $9 per month with a multi-year subscription, and are 100% free for participating classmates, because, according to Brad Switzer, “Asking classmates to pay is the quickest way to kill participation and really defeats the whole purpose of your site. Our goal with Class Creator is to redefine the class reunion by helping people stay connected and communicating between reunions.”

Today, after officially launching the company under the Class Creator name in 2007, the company boasts more than 500,000 active members with new members enrolling daily.

For more information about Class Creator, visit www.classcreator.com.

To learn more about the High School Name Class of Year website, contact site administrator Your Name at Your Phone Number.

Edited 06/18/09 11:44 AM
Thursday, June 18, 2009 at 2:36 PM - Response #2

Thanks Brad, I appreciate it!

Friday, January 22, 2010 at 4:10 PM - Response #3

Brad Switzer wrote:

Today, after officially launching the company under the Class Creator name in 2007, the company boasts more than 500,000 active members with new members enrolling daily.

As of TODAY, in another thread, you can substitute this quote from Brad...

1) Not sure which specific thread you're referring to but we have just over 10,000 schools on board now with 700,000 participating Classmates.

Edited 01/22/10 4:11 PM
Friday, January 22, 2010 at 5:05 PM - Response #4

Congratulations to Class Creator and all the crew ExclamationExclamationExclamation

Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 3:44 PM - Response #5

We have the local city magazine which wants to do a story on our 30th class reunion, for publication in the fall. I want to give her information on CC, because, as I told her, CC was instrumental in the succes of our reunion.

Since I have found this thread and information, I think I have what I need. I have the updated stats from the CC home page, but want to check with you to see if there is any other info you would like in the article, or anything from the press release to change/omit. Their deadline for this is Monday.

Thanks!!

Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 5:18 PM - Response #6

The current user stats can be found right on our home page at http://www.classcreator.com. As of right now, they are as follows:

Number of Reunions Currently Being Planned on Class Creator (map at left):        4,160

Total Classes Using Class Creator:        11,055

Number of Classmates Using Web Sites Made with Class Creator:        802,438

Total Reunion Ticket Sales Volume on Web Sites Using Class Creator:        $3,004,450.64

WOOHOO! Smile Growing everyday!

Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 6:02 PM - Response #7

Went over the $3,000,000 sales today! Congrats!

Brad's popping the champaign corks in Ann Arbor!

(He's mailing you a bottle Kyle.)

Here's a link to the Virginia CC accounts CLICK HERE It's a map, and I THINK that it only shows classes that have the REUNION PLANNER function operating (Is that right Brad?) Does someone whose reunion is now OVER drop off the map/list?

Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 7:03 PM - Response #8

John Chidester wrote:

Brad's popping the champagne corks in Ann Arbor!

(He's mailing you a bottle Kyle.)

I don't drink alcohol - you can have it, John.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 8:17 PM - Response #9

Correct, that map just shows classes in Virginia that have their Reunion Planner turned on. Here's some overall VA stats:

# of Classes in VA using Class Creator: 254
Number of Virginia residents with accounts on Class Creator: 24,292

Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 8:28 PM - Response #10

Brad Switzer wrote:

Correct, that map just shows classes in Virginia that have their Reunion Planner turned on. Here's some overall VA stats:

# of Classes in VA using Class Creator: 254
Number of Virginia residents with accounts on Class Creator: 24,292

That "800,000+ accounts" is that individuals who have logged in -- or does it also count those we've uploaded info for, but who haven't yet registered? IMWTK Wink

Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 8:35 PM - Response #11

That's actually people who have logged in and are participating. 3,122.462 names have been added to the system.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 8:41 PM - Response #12

Brad Switzer wrote:

That's actually people who have logged in and are participating. 3,122.462 names have been added to the system.

So you don't count 'users' like classmates.com does? LOL

Some of the 'registered' users there I know died several years ago.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 8:57 PM - Response #13

Wow... Well, if somebody was deceased and the Admin hadn't added them to In Memory, then we'd be counting them. So I have no doubt we did count a handful or so of deceased people who weren't moved over for whatever reason.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 10:26 PM - Response #14

Brad Switzer wrote:

Wow... Well, if somebody was deceased and the Admin hadn't added them to In Memory, then we'd be counting them. So I have no doubt we did count a handful or so of deceased people who weren't moved over for whatever reason.

I was referring to the policies of classMATES.com, Brad, not classcreator.com.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.