ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Are passwords case-sensitve?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/15/24 09:23 PM Views: 26 Replies: 1
Monday, April 15, 2024 at 9:23 PM

Hello,

I’m hoping to figure out a couple things about passwords/login.
I’m a root admin, and one of my classmates says she has to change her password every time she pulls up our class page. Has anyone else had this problem? I know how to reset passwords for classmates … but I can’t keep doing this, I’m swamped with reunion planning!
I appreciate any help.

Answers to these questions would really help me:

1. Are passwords case-sensitive?
2. If it keeps happening to her, is there a quick way to delete/re-create a new profile (an exact duplicate)?

Thanks so much!

Susan

Monday, April 15, 2024 at 9:48 PM - Response #1

She may not have her browser set to allow login cookies or she may have her browser or antivirus set to clear cookies each time she closes the browser. Her email and password should work every time.

You could recreate her profile, however, if the issue is her browser or her forgetting the password each time then resetting her profile won't change that.

The recommendations on how to resolve it vary based on what her underlying issue is.

When she logs in does check check the Keep me logged in option? If so, it should keep her logged in unless it is set to clear cookies when the browser closes.

If she hasn't tried checking that box I would have her check that and see if it works for her the next time.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.