Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 4:14 PM

Can you turn the right hand facebook module off
on the home page?

Edited 02/06/18 4:15 PM
Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 4:28 PM - Response #1

Preferences, top option. Turn off.

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at 1:07 PM - Response #2

Hi Jack,

This looks pretty interesting. Do you know how I can get to the Class Connection on Facebook for our class directly? I do not see it on any FB groups... I think this would get more activity on our website..

Edited 02/07/18 1:08 PM
Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at 2:15 PM - Response #3

You mean directly from FB? Sort of - but one has to be a member of FB for it to work first. One might also first have to pick the Class? Can't start fresh here to see how it works, but the following works so far as getting to the "Class Connection" page on FB. For me, it instantly shows our web page.

On FB you can paste a link in your FB page. This one in a post. If you have a FB Group, you can make it a Sticky so it's always on the top.

https://apps.facebook.com/classconnection

or on your site create the link (text or graphic) type LINK to our FB page

Should work from this post too. Let's test Idea

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at 2:18 PM - Response #4

Yes, works fine. If you are already "connected" (your class has been picked) works. So the very first time might need a bit of instruction to make the FB - Class Connection.

Let us know what steps you had to do beyond what I wrote, since I can't duplicate that right now.

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at 2:30 PM - Response #5

OK found your class. Now the next warning, there's a BUG on CCFB home page. The right side is not correct. It has a giant gap. Put at the END of your page. (I have it on an onload, but I don't think you need that.

I reported it and described what needs to be fixed at least a week ago. Not done yet.

Here's the code you need to put on your HOME page in editor SOURCE mode to fix that bug.

Edited 02/07/18 2:30 PM
Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at 3:00 PM - Response #6

Hi Jack, How do I make the link in FB sticky? I do not see that option.

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at 3:08 PM - Response #7

It's only there in a GROUP though, not personal.

Click on the right side of your post (the little "dots") and there will be a Pin Post option (only one post can be pinned).

Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 11:11 PM - Response #8

Thanks Jack, I have to tell you that I am not an Admin on the FB group site, so "Pin to Top" is not an option for me.

The other interesting thing is the link I posted on the FB group site does not work on my iPhone, works fine on my Windows LapTop. My Classmates are not able to connect to the ClassCreator Website. I thought it might be that they were not enrolled on our ClassCreator Website, but it's not working for Members either?? Why is it working for me and not for them, is it because I am an Admin and they are not?
I was hoping to use this to get more classmates to enroll in our CC website so I was expecting them to see a sign-up screen if they were not CC Members.. What they tell me they are seeing is the site is not working?? Thoughts?

Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 11:16 PM - Response #9

Also, there is no sound (music) playing...

Friday, February 9, 2018 at 2:19 AM - Response #10

Many parts Very Happy

Yes, you need admin status on FB to get the "pin" option. You can have multiple admins on FB. Could ask them to pin your post. IOW, any post can be pinned.

iPhone and even Android browsers do not work the same as their bigger brothers and sisters. I just discovered that an Object to display a PDF file (works really neat on a PC) does not work on Android browser versions.

There are some steps to be followed when connecting to the CCFB page. I'm assuming they get to the ClassConnection FB page? The name of the school has to be exactly the right one and then the year. So first find out if they get to that page where they do that.

I just did that(went to ClassConnection) on my Android phone and got that page. Had to try for a bit to get the correct name. Feedback is not done well if you do not know the name. I did yours (visit another class) because I looked at your site source code to figure out you were in NY.

(There were some issues when it rolled out, but I haven't heard much since then. Maybe not too many use it? Video is totally useless Cool)

Looks like once it's done (school picked), that no longer has to be done. That's how it just worked for me on Android. Somewhere a 'connection' was made between me and the phone. Even though on my PC I already made that connection. Probably a long term cookie got stored.

iPhones do not play CC music. It's still Flash - soon to be dropped by ALL browsers. You can use my JVideoPlayer app to play mp3. That use html5 browser supported player code.

Friday, February 9, 2018 at 3:42 AM - Response #11

Hello, Paul.

Did you solve the problem Facebook link to your website? I ask as I was able to view your site on my iPhone.

- Gwen

Paul Mercier wrote:

The other interesting thing is the link I posted on the FB group site does not work on my iPhone, works fine on my Windows LapTop. My Classmates are not able to connect to the ClassCreator Website. I thought it might be that they were not enrolled on our ClassCreator Website, but it's not working for Members either?? Why is it working for me and not for them, is it because I am an Admin and they are not?
I was hoping to use this to get more classmates to enroll in our CC website so I was expecting them to see a sign-up screen if they were not CC Members.. What they tell me they are seeing is the site is not working?? Thoughts?

Friday, February 9, 2018 at 3:28 PM - Response #12

Hi Jack and Gwen,

No the issue has not gone away yet. One of my Classmates is reporting that they get this error message:

"Error occurred when processing your request. This error has been forwarded to site administrator and will be fixed shortly."

I'm not getting the Messages, so I am wondering where they are going ClassCreator or FaceBook?

Friday, February 9, 2018 at 11:01 PM - Response #13

Are they using your link or the FB link for ClassConnection or the one on your CC page? Should be the same result. Just in case, they must be members of FB and logged into FB.

https://apps.facebook.com/classconnection

That link "remembered" I visited your class just now and went right to YOUR page from different browsers where I was logged into FB. So probably a FB stored data value.

I think that message is from CC, not FB. CC needs to verify this.

Btw, the PHONE view for ClassConnection is pretty terrible. The exact same bug I coded the fix for exists there as well and it's even worse. Not done well at all. Way too tiny and hard to use. Needs to be revised big time.

Regular home view for RD sites is -much- better on a phone. Might be better to just put a link to your site instead for phone users.

IMO right now Classconnection for RD sites for phone users is pretty much broken. I have no idea why this has never been reported. That now makes three significant bugs that I have encountered that have never been reported.

Friday, February 23, 2018 at 1:51 PM - Response #14

Jack, any resolution on this yet?? Is it way down on the Bucket list?

Friday, February 23, 2018 at 2:48 PM - Response #15

I can't look at the cause here. I'm just a member too. Just noted how it worked for me.

Are you asking about the FB link on your page (ClassConnection) or from FB? ClassConnection shows for me from FB in a search. And because of a prior cookie stored by FB, takes me to my class when I select it from FB. But you have to get there first.

Maybe they have to get there first from you CC page and pick a school? I can't easily test that since I have to clear all cookies and start all over.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.