ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

The Gallery's 'drag n drop' feature

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/17/14 05:35 PM Views: 1001 Replies: 4
Monday, November 17, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Hello,

The Gallery's 'drag n drop' feature is nice especially if you have only enough photos to fill one 'Page'. Our Reunion Story Gallery has many sub-galleries, and some of these have 200-300 pictures. Therefore they have many Pages.

Each time a picture is uploaded in falls at the end of the last page. But often this is out of sequence.

Is there a way to move-'drag n drop' a photo from one page to another, say move from page 4 to page 1?

Thanks for any help, Nancee

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 at 2:33 PM - Response #1

Unfortunately, that is not an option. In that case, you might need to do the sorting via the list page where the images are located with the captions boxes. Setting the sort number in that location and saving the page. Select your name from the dropdown next to View Photos From, on the next screen you will see your photos and sort boxes with numbers that range by hundreds. assigning a photo to a number between those to numeric values will move the photos to that location when you save the page. The is probably the best way to move the images greater distances.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 at 3:15 PM - Response #2

This may help someone who reads this later...

I've added and sorted hundreds of photos in the gallery. What I did was to give each event a letter and make your numbers at least 3 digits when you may have over 100 for an event. I use this for all photos - no matter how many I know I have.

Example:
Opening night/icebreaker: A001, A002, A003...
School Tour: B001, B002, B003...
Same for each event, including the main event.

You will need to add the numbers into the sorting space. Using the A001... option will sort the photos without you having to number them 1- 100+ and later find you have one out of order. Of course, you can add (example) A001a to add a photo in the middle.

Yes, it is a bit of extra time to input the numbers but you do not have to have them in order to number them and when you save changes, the photos will be in order. I save changes often. Smile

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 at 4:08 PM - Response #3

Great suggestion! Thanks!Laughing

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at 4:23 PM - Response #4

Thanks for these suggestions, will give them a try.

Appreciate the responses.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.