ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Paypal API question

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/07/15 09:09 PM Views: 1169 Replies: 10
Tuesday, April 7, 2015 at 9:09 PM

Hello
We are trying to follow the instructions for adding Paypal (API information) - The instructions you have are evidently for an older version of Paypal.
Is there an updated set of instructions for the new version?
Thank you.

Friday, April 10, 2015 at 1:56 PM - Response #1

If you have an older PayPal account, you need to call PayPal and speak to someone who can upgrade your account to their latest standard business account. Once you do so, you should be able to connect. The change needs to happen on the PayPal end.

Friday, April 10, 2015 at 2:08 PM - Response #2

I'm sorry -
I meant to say that the instructions from CC are for the older version of Paypal. My brother has the new version, but the instructions don't translate well (unless we are doing something wrong!)

Friday, April 10, 2015 at 2:27 PM - Response #3

I don't see that you are adding the API info via the Event Planner as I do not see an event in there at this time. Where are you seeing these details?

Friday, April 10, 2015 at 2:33 PM - Response #4

Sorry - I am admin on two websites.
This would be for http://www.classcreator.com/Palo-Alto-California-1975/class_index.cfm

https://www.classcreator.com/Palo-Alto-California-1975/ep_PaymentInfo.cfm

Edited 04/10/15 2:44 PM
Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 12:43 PM - Response #5

So, you are saying that the directions that we provide at the top of the Manage Payment Preferences page do not align with your experience at PayPal? Unless PayPal has changed their system, which is completely possible, these directions were established from their procedures not too long ago. I will have someone review.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 2:23 PM - Response #6

Where does the problem lie exactly? Did you note this in the instructions:

(If you have switched to the new PayPal interface you must click the gray person icon in the upper right corner, then select "Profile and Settings.)

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 11:52 PM - Response #7

She may be right. I have been having paypal problems and i called them and they gave a different way to connect. However, I was also having a problem with my domain name so I had to get that corrected first. The wierd thing is that it works on one site and not the other.

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 2:49 PM - Response #8
paypal screen.jpg

I am having the same issue. In the part of the instructions where I am to click "View API Signatures" I get instead a button that says "Request API Credentials" and when I click that I get an error message that tells me to confirm the email address first, but when I click the confirm button I am told that the email address is already confirmed. Photo attached.

I wonder if we are supposed to first set up the Grant API Permission or something?

I will contact paypal too if this doesn't make any sense to admins here.

Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 2:24 PM - Response #9

I went through paypal technical support.

They told me to set up and confirm a second email address on our paypal account, and then I should be able to get the API information by clicking the "Request API Credentials" button.

That worked. Now when I go to update the API certification, I do get the View API Signatures button in option 2.

Friday, April 17, 2015 at 1:28 PM - Response #10

Thank you Mary. That is good info to know.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.