ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Login statistics

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/08/19 09:34 PM Views: 689 Replies: 4
Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 9:34 PM

If a classmate goes to the website homepage, and then sends an email using the "Contact Us" page.... does the statistics page list the classmate as having logged into the site? I have a user that claims that she cannot login... but her name appears in the "Last time user signed on" list as having logged in. And I keep getting email messages from her using the "Contact Us" page. And she tells me over and over again that she cannot logon. Twice today, I saw her on the "last time signed on list" and 5 times today she told me she could not logon. She may be having dementia problems!!!!

Monday, June 10, 2019 at 2:09 PM - Response #1

You don't have to be logged in to send an email via Contact Us. Anyone accessing your site, not just site members, may send an email via Contact Us.

So, it's very possible in this case, that your classmate is sending you an email via Contact Us without logging in.

The statistics page has two counts. The first, at the top, shows the number of visitors who have accessed the site, whether they are logged on or not.

The second count is the graph at the bottom which shows "the number of registered users who accessed the site while logged in during each day."

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at 2:41 AM - Response #2

Hi Patsy,

If you are looking under Statistics - Last Logins and see her name with a date and time, that shows that she was logged in.

Perhaps she did not log out at some point. Therefore, each time she visits, the sign in option will not be available as she is still signed in and you will see her visits.

She may not know or understand this and be thinking she has to log-in each visit. She may not know or recall that she can log out.

If you think this is possible, I would call her. If she can see parts of the site that are set only for those logged in to view, then explain to her that she is still logged in from a previous visit and will stay logged in until she manually logs out.

There are many of our members who whiz through sites and the processes of our sites, as Scott Moore (waving HI to Scott), and there are those who are not at all comfortable.

Once you have the sign in issue clear with her, you may wish to share that 'the more we use computers and the internet, the easier it becomes' to give her a bit more confidence.

I hope this helps. Let us know.

Edited 06/11/19 2:42 AM
Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at 2:38 PM - Response #3

Gwen's point is valid. If the member shows up recently in the "Last time user signed on" list, they did log in - or were logged in automatically by Keep Me Logged In.

Login changed several months ago, and can display some confusing results. In some cases, logging in repeats the login page and does not go to the page which should display next. You are logged in though, and clicking on any menu item (restricted or not) works as expected.

Edited 06/11/19 9:30 PM
Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 4:55 PM - Response #4

On another note, statistics are showing that only 2 classmates (myself and one other) have logged in over the last 7 days. We don't have a real active site, but I find that hard to believe.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.