ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

In Memory List with pictures

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/07/19 11:18 PM Views: 915 Replies: 11
Sunday, July 7, 2019 at 11:18 PM

I would like to create a poster for our upcoming reunion with the names and yearbook photos of the deceased classmates. (We have 100, so it will be several boards most likely) My preference would be to have them print out just like the name tag pdf.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

Monday, July 8, 2019 at 11:16 PM - Response #1

Leeann,

The NameTag feature of the Event Planner has a checkbox for this. Go to Event Planner, Dashboard Edit, Nametags (beta),
then Choose the "[x] Include in memory Classmates",
This will generate nametags for the selected classmates AND ALSO the In Memory classmates. If you only want the In Memory classmates, go through all of the non-In Memory and uncheck the nametag so it doesn't print. It might be faster to go to the bottom and choose "Unselect All", then go through and only check the In Memory classmates.

then scroll down to the Generate PDF Nametags button. The PDF file should only include those classmates you chose AND the labels will appear exactly like the reunion attendees for that event. If you are trying to only make generic nametags, you can choose to include the event name or not.

Monday, July 8, 2019 at 11:52 PM - Response #2
1546124.jpg

Hi - I actually had a large digital photo frame that changed photos at a timed rate. And I had a three-ring binder with Yearbook photos and obit info where available. see photo of table attached here

Edited 07/08/19 11:53 PM
Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 1:13 AM - Response #3
Deceased Classmates.pdf

Is this what you would like to print?

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 8:01 AM - Response #4

How did you do this? My class has almost 1000 classmates and about 150 deceased. Trying to go through the whole list to find those that died to check off would be incredibly cumbersome. There should be a way to filter by the category. Thanks!

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 8:20 AM - Response #5

Go to your in memory tab. Select yearbook photo. (Year deceased or alphabetical).
The pictures will stage. Left click and drag your curser down to highlight the departed. Right click and select copy. Open a word processing program and paste the pictures. Store it. They should print.

Please let me know how it works out. I am on Windows 10 and use Microsoft Word.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 2:44 PM - Response #6

Did you see the response I posted this morning regarding the deceased classmates?

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 9:40 PM - Response #7

Just as an 'added note' here, the past two reunions I have printed out name-tags for the entire class.
Those who were deceased, we placed on a memorial table
with electric 'tea-light' candles.
We also printed out all of the In Memory comments from that page and placed them in a notebook on the memorial table.
All was well received.

https://www.amazon.com/Realistic-Flameless-Candles-Flickering-Unscented/dp/B07BV9N1H9/ref=asc_df_B07BV9N1H9/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=267035745981&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13467772624115221121&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9027811&hvtargid=pla-448306499409&psc=1

Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 1:57 AM - Response #8

Carmela Dalton wrote:

How did you do this? My class has almost 1000 classmates and about 150 deceased. Trying to go through the whole list to find those that died to check off would be incredibly cumbersome. There should be a way to filter by the category. Thanks!

Carmela, after seeing Steve Sipos' post, I began making one for my class. Using Word, I set the page to have three columns before pasting the photos and text as he shares above in Response #5. The photos are not all the same size, therefore, I am doing a bit of editing of photo size. I'm in the middle of that and editing the entire document as I go. In the end, I or a wonderful classmate volunteer may edit the photos to the best quality possible and replace them. We have a bit over a year and I have no idea who that wonderful volunteer may be. Cool

Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 7:33 PM - Response #9

This assumes that you only have one event. We have 4 days and 7 events. So, for example, I don't want to show deceased classmates golfing.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at 12:46 PM - Response #10

Does the Nametag Generator allow you to print Nametags with photos? How do you go about this?

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at 12:57 PM - Response #11

is there a way to make the photos bigger on the nametags using nametag generator?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.