ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Database Editing and Updating Classmate information

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/02/11 10:16 AM Views: 1324 Replies: 6
Friday, September 2, 2011 at 10:16 AM

We have recently started using CC. We added our class list via excel using CC's template. We now have found more information we need to add for the classmates on the database.

I download the class list from CC. If I make changes to it (like adding missing email addresses for about 200 people) and I save it, do I then just re-upload the class list?

I looked in the forum to find how to update the database which was simple and easy and couldn't find anything. I really want to try and avoid adding each of these emails to the website one by one using the edit feature.

I hope this makes sense and hopeully you can help me.

Friday, September 2, 2011 at 10:32 AM - Response #1

If you want to re-upload your class list, you need to delete the current members. If the classmate has already signed in, you don't want to delete those classmates because they have updated their profile.

To delete the classmates you want to upload, use the RESET CLASSMATE feature before you do the upload.

Friday, September 2, 2011 at 10:40 AM - Response #2

So basically there is no easy way to update the class list or database with email addresses except to go into "edit classmates profile" one by one?

We do have about 49 people that have already signed up on the site and registered and paid for the reunion. I do not wish for their profiles to change at all.

Friday, September 2, 2011 at 10:42 AM - Response #3

You don't have to reset ALL of the classmates, when you go to that page, you will be given a choice of which classmates you want to delete.

If you don't want to use the RESET feature, you need to do the changes manually, one at a time.

Friday, September 2, 2011 at 11:02 AM - Response #4

Thank you Kyle for your help! Smile

Sunday, October 23, 2016 at 10:48 PM - Response #5

I see these Q&A of 2011. Are these the same answers for the program in 2016. When I uploaded our database (985 classmates), I failed to bifurcate the city/state field so CC picked up the city and dropped the state. Additionally, everything loaded in ALLCAPS (not pretty!). I want to edit the classmates with these edits but wondered if there is a way to do this directly in the CC database (similar to an excel spreadsheet). If I download the class to Excel, can I upload it with the edits without harming those who have already joined (almost 100 have joined)? Or, is the answer the same as in 2011 that you must use the reset? Any suggestions to make this less laborious? Thank you.

Monday, October 24, 2016 at 2:03 PM - Response #6

You could re-upload the data for those members who have not joined. However you should delete the un-joined members first by checking them off via the reset page.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.