ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

notification for photo gallery picture addition

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/23/14 03:50 PM Views: 862 Replies: 17
Wednesday, April 23, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Today, several admins received a notification saying that "pictures had been added to a photo gallery" when in fact, pictures had been added to Non-followed classmate profile pages. Was this done intentionally or is this a bug? We feel this is undesirable and will cause classmates to get emails that they do not want. Is there any way this can go back to the way it was?

Thank you,

Patsy Kirkpatrick

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 at 5:25 PM - Response #1

Could these notifications be tied to the Admin Notification that states the following: Send email notification when Classmate has uploaded photos to a Photo Gallery and Administrator approval of photos is required. If so, and you don't want these admins to receive these notices, you will need to manage your admins' notification settings.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 at 5:58 PM - Response #2

Scott,
We don't require any approvals for profile posts and I am the only one who updates The Photo Galleries. I haven't added any photos for a couple weeks. Also, where are the admin notifications that you are referring to? Do you mean the items at the bottom of the notification page?
Thanks,
Patsy

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 at 6:06 PM - Response #3

I had the same thing happen a few days ago.

Pictures have been added to the following photo galleries
Karen Witt New photo

When I clicked on the link (the classmate's name in the notification) it took me to our web site's home page. About 1/2 hour later I received notification that the same classmate's Profile page was updated.

Profile update
Karen Witt

Other classmates received both notifications also.

Edited 04/23/14 7:01 PM
Wednesday, April 23, 2014 at 7:53 PM - Response #4

Rhonda,

Had you subscribed to Karen's profile? I'm not subscribed to any classmate profile pages. I thought you had to be subscribed to receive notification of profile page changes.

Patsy

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 at 8:32 PM - Response #5

Yes, I'm subscribed to everything!Very Happy

The problem seems to be that when a classmate adds a photo to their profile page, two notifications are going out - the 1st stating 'pictures have been added to the following photo galleries' (with a link to the site's homepage which is a bit odd) and then a 2nd notification goes out stating 'profile update.' At least the 2nd notification has a link that takes you the classmates profile page where the photo has been added.

And it's not just admins receiving the two notifications, other classmates receive them too.

Edited 04/23/14 8:34 PM
Wednesday, April 23, 2014 at 10:00 PM - Response #6

But that doesn't explain why we are getting the notifications because we do not subscribe to the profile update notifications..... and the email says PHOTO GALLERY UPDATES, not profile updates. As you noted, the 1st notifications seems to be in error.

Edited 04/23/14 10:01 PM
Thursday, April 24, 2014 at 12:43 PM - Response #7

Hmm. Funny enough I got one from TAP last night. There are a couple of possibilities here, but let me investigate and we will get back to you about it.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 at 3:19 PM - Response #8

Checked with some other classmates who are not admins and they are also getting non solicited emails containing updates to profiles (being referred to as photo gallery updates). They do have notifications for photo gallery updates turned on in notifications, but are not subscribed to any classmates at the bottom of the notification page.

Edited 04/24/14 3:22 PM
Friday, April 25, 2014 at 2:33 PM - Response #9

Apparently, there were some wires crossed and the programmer has addressed the issue.

Friday, April 25, 2014 at 9:08 PM - Response #10

Many thanks Scott. Will let the others know.

Patsy

Saturday, April 26, 2014 at 8:18 AM - Response #11
photo gallery picture email.docx

Not fixed as of 6:24 this morning 4/26/14. Sorry Scott! Attaching the email I received. Cannot open the attachment. It just said there was a picture added to the photo gallery of Susan Coleman. Along with an In Memory comment.

Edited 04/26/14 8:25 AM
Saturday, April 26, 2014 at 3:12 PM - Response #12
New Photo.jpg

The original issue may (or may not) have been resolved, but there's still a problem.

I added a photo to my profile, generating a "Profile Update". In the attached snap of the email my test member got, the top line says there is a "photo gallery update", and it's a link. The empty picture holder is also a link. But those two links are simply to the site's domain name, bringing up the home page with the login box.

The second and third lines link correcly to the respective profiles (after logging in via the restricted screen).

Saturday, April 26, 2014 at 3:30 PM - Response #13

Patsy can you forward the email to us?

Saturday, April 26, 2014 at 11:16 PM - Response #14

Brad, What email address should I send it to? Patsy

Sunday, April 27, 2014 at 6:57 PM - Response #15

Copy this thread URL. Then click Contact us and paste the thread URL. And then also paste a copy of the email.

Monday, April 28, 2014 at 9:49 AM - Response #16

I just added some real photo gallery updates so it should be interesting seeing the email that I get tomorrow. Will also add some pictures to my profile so we can see them as well. I will send the email after I get it.
Patsy

Edited 04/28/14 9:50 AM
Thursday, May 8, 2014 at 9:25 AM - Response #17

Still seeing the profile addition pictures as photo galleries additions. Thinking this is something that evolved with Class Connection app. Is there nothing that can be done about it? I guess we could recommend to people that they turn off photo gallery updates altogether. That should take care of it. I'll try that and see if that works.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.