ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Yearbook Photo

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/23/15 06:36 PM Views: 1532 Replies: 13
Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 6:36 PM

I've found a classmate that has deleted their high school yearbook photo and replaced it with the school logo. That's all well and good if he didn't want his yearbook photo posted (which was an extremely flattering photo btw) but, I do NOT want classmates to be able to totally delete yearbook photos from the website. A classmate and I worked too daggone hard scanning, cropping, giving a filename, location and uploading for anyone to be able to just delete whatever they want. There should be a way for them to not use it (or even hide it) if they don't want to use it but definitely NOT delete it and undo the Admin's hard work!!!!
Thanks, Liz

Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 6:43 PM - Response #1

When I looked at your Classmate Photos, then viewed them by yearbook photo, I counted SIX classmates who have done this. Are you sure that another admin didn't do it because having six do it is more than a coincidence, all using the same image. Maybe there is some reason your other admin did it. Have you asked to be sure?

Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 6:50 PM - Response #2

I'm the only admin for jmhs1969.com -

The "Other" name you see is a dummy/test account I've made Smile

Will you let me know the names of the 6 people so that I can make note of it and decide what I'm going to do about it.

Thanks

Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 7:17 PM - Response #3

Vaughan Breedlove
Michael Elder
Hardy Freydenfelt
Lewis Gilliam
Henry Leith
Terrell Williams
Ross Anderson (JMHS 1970)
Dallas Grubbs (JMHS 1967)
Tripp Nettles (JMHS 1970)

Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 7:23 PM - Response #4

At one time there was no way a classmate could delete their yearbook photo. Then with the social profile and later photo editor they were able to in what I think was an unintended consequence of the updates. I thought subsequent to that CC stated that a change had been made that allowed a classmate to upload a picture to the yearbook slot only if an admin had not already uploaded one AND that the classmate was also unable to either make any change to or delete an admin uploaded yearbook photo. Is there someplace that explains exactly what can and cannot be done vis a vis the yearbook photo is documented?

Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 7:57 PM - Response #5

F C, I don't think any user should be able to permanently delete anything that the webmaster has done.

Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 7:58 PM - Response #6

Thanks, Much appreciated.

Edited 08/24/15 1:31 AM
Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 9:32 PM - Response #7

Elizabeth (Liz) Ballenger wrote:

F C, I don't think any user should be able to permanently delete anything that the webmaster has done.

I agree with you but the "rules" have changed over time and I'd like to know exactly what they are right now re yearbook photos.

Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 10:08 PM - Response #8

F C Bock wrote:

Is there someplace that explains exactly what can and cannot be done vis a vis the yearbook photo is documented?

There are several threads (some with links to other threads) where the combination explains how it changed after the Social profile switch - and may still be working now. {HERE} and {HERE}

Although posts in those threads asked that yearbook photos be handled as they had been before the Social switch, I'm not sure what the final response was. But the end result at that time was that it depended on when the original yearbook photo was uploaded - before or after the switch to Social. And my impression was that the 'bug' would be resolved by going back to the original 'rules' where only admins could delete or change a yearbook picture they had uploaded.

That said, I do understand that it would be a major project to identify and move all the 'new' yearbook photos to wherever the 'old' yearbook photos were stored, or implement the needed restrictions on yearbook photos stored on Amazon - which might explain why it does not appear to have been done yet.

Edited 08/24/15 11:59 AM
Wednesday, August 26, 2015 at 3:33 PM - Response #9

So, just to be clear. If we are not using the social integration capabilities offered for our CC websites, can classmate members of our site now really change or delete their yearbook pictures? I worked hard too uploading about six hundred carefully scanned and cropped individual senior year student pictures.

Friday, August 28, 2015 at 4:15 PM - Response #10

Gary - They should not be able to delete those images.

Friday, September 4, 2015 at 1:23 PM - Response #12

OK, That's clear for Classic sites. But..... what about the majority of us who are using the social profiles format?

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.