ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Home Page Blow out with Chrome

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/24/15 12:11 PM Views: 1206 Replies: 8
Tuesday, February 24, 2015 at 12:11 PM

I've had several classmates contact me that use Chrome browser and they say the Home Page is messed up. Not sure what that means except that they say they cannot see the announcements.

Advice, please.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 12:16 PM - Response #1

The issue was with your marquee in the Donation announcement. First, you had extra lines of code that needed to be removed. Second, you need to specify a width for your marquee to be about 420 px. Should be working now.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 12:23 PM - Response #2

Thanks for fixing, Scott. That Donations announcement has been on there for about 2 years and nothing has changed with it. I have even stopped taking donations.

Why all of a sudden and why did all appear OK in IE and Firefox?

Thanks, again,
Cheryl

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 12:50 PM - Response #3

I ran into this with a marquee tag for someone else last week. There must be an update to the browser that is now requiring that specification.

Friday, June 3, 2016 at 11:57 AM - Response #4

I started having the same issue a few weeks ago. I have another admin who has been doing most of the work, and she is an ipad/mac user so I haven't heard of any problems on her end. Can you take a look at my site and see it anything jumps out at you? I had to use IE to see it - Firefox wouldn't load for some reason (may be their issue).
hardawayhawks686970.com
Pat

Friday, June 3, 2016 at 4:09 PM - Response #5

In Chrome, please make sure of the following: Settings > Show Advanced Settings (bottom) > Web Content > Font Size ... needs to be set to Medium.

Friday, June 3, 2016 at 8:09 PM - Response #6

Thanks! I had a detached retina two months ago and had to enlarge everything on my computer to be able to see. I never even thought about that affecting websites.

Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 1:35 PM - Response #7
HHS Home Page in Chrome Zoom 33% (1).jpg

I had a classmate notify me that the site was "whanky" on Chrome. I told him to check the font and zoom. He had the right settings. Chrome just updated on my computer, and now mine is back to looking weird. The font is set to medium, but still everything is off kilter. His looks like mine, btw.

Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 1:39 PM - Response #8

Their Chrome settings are to blame. They need to go to Preferences > Settings > Show Advanced Settings > Web Content > Font Size... needs to be set to medium rather than Large

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.