ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Event Planner Feedback

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 07/10/19 02:40 AM Views: 4193 Replies: 3
Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at 2:40 AM

I'm really disappointed in the Event Planner.
The Reunion Planner was great. Why did you change it?

There are a number of things, but first and foremost:

Every single person who wants to send a check to pay for our reunion has sent me an email asking where to send the check.

I cannot view the last page of the registration in EDIT MODE to explain to them what it looks like. Thankfully when I registered, I marked that I wanted to pay by check so I can provide a screenshot. What a PAIN!

Our classmates, myself included, have all mentioned how they really feel like it's way too many steps/clicks to move through the pages to register.

No Paypal.. No Venmo.. Oy. This is such a drag for so many that I've ended up registering them myself and having them send me the fee directly so I can move to our bank.

I could go on, but these are MAJOR complaints. ClassCreator is so much better than ANY of the other sites we've looked at over the years, but I am really struggling with it now.

Friday, July 12, 2019 at 1:43 PM - Response #1

I am sorry to hear this. Let me address each point below.

"Every single person who wants to send a check to pay for our reunion has sent me an email asking where to send the check." ... When you select the pay by check option, on the last page of the registration, the info on where to send the check is displayed. Additionally, that info is also sent to their email in their registration confirmation.

PayPal.... We did have this at one point in time, however we opted to remove it due in part to too many technical support issues with admins having difficulty during the setup. Also, PayPal would make updates to their API that would cause us to have to make changes on our end. In the end, it was causing a lot of technical issues that we don't when with our own credit card processor. We have not review / tried Venmo.

Feel free to contact us when setting up your next event as we are happy to assist as needed.

Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 1:13 PM - Response #2

Has there been any further research into adding a Venmo option? It would be very helpful. If not, what is your recommendation, please, for including Venmo instructions in either the Event Planner or Payment Preferences?

Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 4:34 PM - Response #3

Hi Monna,

Inside your Event Planner is a text section called Event Information. You can type in the Venmo instructions including your Venmo payment address, and include instructions for your classmates to register as paying by check. Then, they can send you the Venmo payment, and you can mark it off as paid with check in the system under transactions. There is also a notes area on the individual transactions page where you can write that they paid by Venmo, and add the Venmo address they paid with in case you need to refund them later.

Kelcie
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.