ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Adding an RSS Word of the Day Feed to your Website

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/16/17 04:27 PM Views: 3984 Replies: 38
Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 4:27 PM

This is my first try at adding an RSS Feed to import new material daily to my site. I'm sure there are other programs out there that may work better, I'd appreciate any suggestions, but this works and I thought someone else might use this as a starting point.

To add an RSS Feed, you need a program to create the the Feeder.  I used Feed.Mikle.com and it was Free at the time this was prepared.  I wanted to insert a Word of the Day on our website and after trying several, settled on Merriam Webster   This is the RSS feed URL that I inserted on the Mikle.com Creator Page.  

Once you have stepped through the creation process, click "Save and Get Code" on the Mikle site.  Copy the top code (Java script) (there is an option at the bottom to click to get iFrame Code, but JavaScript works on both Webpages and Announcements and does scale for the Responsive Design (Mobile Friendly).  

Creating the Program is a little complex, but you can't break anything and your Results Display along side so you can do a trial and error.  

This will not answer all your questions about how to use the Mikle site, but perhaps this will help get you started with some of the more complex selections.  

First, select the Feed Source, options presented are Facebook and RSS Feed.  I selected RSS Feed.  The creator program will auto-populate an RSS feed URL, but you can immediately insert your own Feed Source.  To find one, Google "RSS Feed Sources."

The General Section permits you to select the Width and Height.  Inserting a PX (pixel) size will Set that specific Size (Width) on your web page.  Select "Responsive (Mobile Friendly)" IF you're using that design.

The Height is a function of the height of the RSS Feed Page and offers to permit you to select the Height in Pixels OR by the number of Feed Items.  Think of "Word of the Day," selecting one (1) Item will display the Word of the Day for a single day, while selecting 4 Items would present a window on your web-page that displays 4 days worth of pages. Selecting a specific pixel size will give you that specific size and will Not be scalable.

I selected One (1) Feed Item, which displays just the single day's word, but has a scroll bar to display the prior 4 days if desired.  More on this later, but further down the Creator Process in the Feed Content Section, there is a drop down menu that will permit you to select the "Display" the "Number of Feed Items."  This is where you select the number of items, in my case, how many Days to display.  

Here, you also have the option to "Display Content" with options of Both, Title Only, or Content Only.  The RSS Feed will probably have both streaming in by default, but here is where you can select to omit THEIR Title, and you have a place to Add Your Own TITLE is desired, along with Font Sizes.  

Be sure to expand all options on the Creator Program and scroll back and forth because there are some settings that are hidden by default, but you have the option to select one of several Background Colors for your Header.  This appears a weakness, because I could not find a place to enter my own Header Background Colors, although you CAN specify Text Colors and other colors, Font Sizes, etc.  

The creator program has Pre-set packages of Font Combinations that you can select, but again, I couldn't figure out how to specify my own individual selection of Fonts, only the Group as a whole, but most were adequate.  

NOTE:  This is my first attempt at adding an RSS Feed, and the second Creation Program that I used.  The first wanted $50 per year, this one at the time of this writing, is Free, with no indication that it will change.  

I'm sure there are numerous other programs out there, but this is the first one I found that was Free, and Works to create a Mobile Friendly (scalable) feed that worked well on both Webpages, Announcements and My Mobile Phone. (If you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate them.)

Oh yes, if you want your content to display on the Home Page daily, I set it as an Announcement, and kept that Announcement in the Top Position.  It seems there was a heading that said Announcements, or something like that.  I set the Text Color to White to match the Background, in other words, to make it disappear so that my Word of the Day appears like part of the page.  I'm sure there is probably a better way to do this, but it works, at least the way I'm trying to use it.  

Here is a link to a webpage if you'd like to view it.  Sample Word of the Day Page

I've gotten positive feedback and more importantly, it gives people something New to look at Daily and Automatically, when they visit and hopefully, gives them a reason to visit the site more often. Daily traffic has increased since I added it.

Good luck, and I hope you might find this useful.

Friday, February 17, 2017 at 5:51 PM - Response #1

This is really Cool!
I might try it when I have some free time.

The announcement doesn't have to a the word announcement on it. I do announcements all the time. You don't have to have a bullet showing either.

Now if I can remember how I do it..would be a good thing?
Idea just went off.
There is a box you check or leave blank at the end of where you create your announcement. Scroll down and you will see the toggle boxes. Remove the checkmark and there will be no 'Anouncement' showing. And you also can take the bullet mark off too.

Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 1:30 AM - Response #2

Love the Idea moments, Darlene!

I am interested in this as well, Gary. I'll be watching the thread.

Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 3:17 AM - Response #3

Thanks Guys. I'd always wanted to do something like this but never took the time to figure it out until now. I'd searched for topics, but most that mentioned RSS were dated from 2008.

I hope it might provide a starting point for others. The thing I like the best is the daily change to the website that hopefully many will appreciate.

Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 1:56 PM - Response #4

RSS is really nice for multiple topics, however, for just a single topic, an IFRAME might be better/simpler. The word of the day can be done that way. Then every day there's a different word.

Just for fun added Word of the Day to page, top left.

This Day In History is also done that way (it's not CC which is .. mmmmm error prone).

They have to be https sources if you use the FB Class connection.

The RSS is very cool for a News type feed. This is just to show that a single topic might work better with an iframe.

Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 4:41 PM - Response #5

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

RSS is really nice for multiple topics, however, for just a single topic, an IFRAME might be better/simpler. The word of the day can be done that way. Then every day there's a different word.

Just for fun added Word of the Day to page, top left.

Thanks Jack. That is a nice presentation! Jack's URL is Here and you all will remember you can right click on the page and select View Page Source to see how the page is done.

Edited 02/18/17 5:02 PM
Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 10:36 AM - Response #6

Thanks for starting this topic, Gary. Here is the feed from The Free Dictionary that I use for our Brain Fodder page:

Your text to link here...

It's been up a long time with no feedback from classmates, so I put a plug for it at the top of the home page.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 2:38 PM - Response #7

Thanks LeAnn,

I like your Brain Fodder Page.

I'd heard about RSS Feeds, but knew little about them, but hoped this might help get some people started.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to tell classmates if they have blockers like NoScript set up, that they need to "permission the feed" otherwise they either see nothing, or the same word every day.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 4:57 PM - Response #8

Remember, any page that is not https will NOT work on FB.

You also can't preview that in Edit that since preview is https.

Just something to remember.

The dictionary feed is very nice, however, I'd modify the width to "100%" vs 350px. Looks nicer.

Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 1:01 AM - Response #9

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

I'd modify the width to "100%" vs 350px. Looks nicer.
Unfortunately, the program that I used only gives the option to specify the px or select "responsive (mobile friendly)" which I assume is 100% vs 350px, but I don't know for sure.

I'm pretty sure there is probably a better "feed program" out there, but just haven't found it yet.

You mentioned using an iFrame. I'm still not very proficient at those. Can you show me what the coding would look like for that? The program that I used did provide HTML code, and I tried that, but it seems like something didn't display properly and I shifted over to the other.

The code they generated was . Does this look right?

Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 1:47 AM - Response #10

I meant to type "Brain Fodder", not Dictionary, sorry. That code has a width of 350px. I'm playing with a bit to try to simplify. Has interesting content I'll probably mmmm borrow Twisted Evil

I also meant to say that scripts have to be https or anything that invokes code like aspx pages. I fixed the "Brain Fodder" so it works with https pages. Luckily all the links that need to be https can be replaced with https.
------------------------------
Yes, that's the iframe code, but it needs a width and a height. I just coded a fixed value but could be percent stuff for width.

Below is the code I used for the word-of-the day. Width is automatically adjusted for screen size, height is fixed. RD will just fill the width available for iframe.

stuff inside an iframe does not 'respond' to sizes automatically. RSS code can take care of things like that. So that's an issue for more complicated sites. This LINK shows what you get into.

Edited 02/23/17 1:49 AM
Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 5:50 PM - Response #11

I borrowed everything from LeAnn (including the name - it fits perfectly) and made some changes so it's easier to change color and fonts. I created two new styles that affect ALL the feeds if you change them.

View in source and see this code that is easy to vary to suit your own taste. I didn't care for the font style and some other visual. This is the CSS control I added - and then the source was changed to use this code (actually shorter and easier to see vs original)

I also modified all the code so it uses https for scripts and uses the new CSS styles above.

For example, to change the background colors, modify databoxfont for the top and databoxsize for the big box background.

This is the LINK to the page. Use view source to see how it's been rearranged.

Thanks for the info to both LeAnn and Gary for motivation.

Friday, February 24, 2017 at 1:27 PM - Response #12

Thanks Jack, but we've just gone over my head. How do I implement those codes?

Edited 02/24/17 5:31 PM
Friday, February 24, 2017 at 1:35 PM - Response #13

I have to go right now, but that code includes a lot of things that are not related to the RSS feed.

I'll post the complete code in a few hours, meanwhile just edit the post so people don't get the wrong idea. Idea

sorry I'm getting the sign to leave Very Happy

Friday, February 24, 2017 at 5:01 PM - Response #14

Here's the code I used, but you might want different colors or feeds.

Top title color is set by databoxfont, display area color is set by databox size.

It's recommended to keep the width at 100% since that automatically adjusts to whatever display is active. RD designs might be too wide depending on the options there. If portable devices are not a concern, make the width a fixed value.

Edited 02/24/17 5:04 PM
Friday, February 24, 2017 at 11:32 PM - Response #15

Thanks Jack,

That makes a very nice copy and paste that creates the Brain Fodder page. For anyone who wants to add that page to their site, just copy Jack's code, create a new page on your site, click "Source" and paste the code, save and you're done.

And thanks LeAnn for creating your page and name to begin with and letting us "borrow" it!

By the way, thanks for checking out my code/site and voting!

Edited 02/25/17 12:19 AM
Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 12:14 AM - Response #16

Yes, thanks LeAnn for posting. Exclamation
And Gary for starting the topic.

Always helps to get info from others. I was never motivated enough to do that type of feed, but it's pretty cool.

Edited 02/25/17 12:14 AM
Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 12:37 AM - Response #17

The thing I like best is that there is something new to see each time they visit. I've got the Merriam-Webster Word of the Day at the top of my Home Page and added the Brain Fodder as a separate page.

That way it's there for the folks that want to get a little deeper into it.

This has been fun and educational.

Now, if we could only add this as a "Right Module" on the Home Page, hint hint.

Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 1:54 AM - Response #18

Just so happens I already created some code that can do that - our home page weather is done with that code. It's on the right on TOP.

However, the width there is only 205, so some of that will not fit correctly. Match and Hangman will not fit.

It's a bit of a typing job since I have to convert the feed code some more. Pick one and I'll post it here so you can see how it works.

Do you want it on the top or the bottom of the items already there? (Code will automatically copy whatever is there.)

Edited 02/25/17 1:56 AM
Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 2:15 AM - Response #19

Good point, I hadn't thought about the size limitations. Let's try the Quote of the Day and place it at the [EDIT] top.

Thanks

Edited 02/25/17 2:26 AM
Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 11:55 PM - Response #20

OK, I modified your home page. Change the colors as you did the brain thing.

The way it works is like this:

1. The RSS is generated on your page, (original feed)
2. This 'feed' is then copied,
3. the original right side is copied (old data)
4. the right side is replaced by 'feed' + old data
5. the original feed is erased.

The only thing that needs to be remembered is that if you add other code that uses window.onload (like snow, etc) it has to be integrated into the single load that's there.

Not hard, just put the snow call in onLoadCode2() instead of after the window.onload.

Just want to see if that's what you wanted. Just realized you wanted quote of the day, instead of word of the day. I just put both in since I wanted to test that to make confirm the concept.

You can remove one and that will give me feedback on how easy or hard it is to figure out. Basically remove the < !-- start of feed -- > to < !-- end of feed -- > and the < /br > spacing for more than one.

I'll post the code here after I hear back from you for others to use.

[There was some more code I dropped from the original feed that was not required.]

Edited 02/25/17 11:58 PM
Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 4:09 AM - Response #21

Jack,

I just found it, but I'm headed to bed. Looks really good. Actually, I kind of like having both word of the day and Quote of the Day in this position. I'll play around with it a bit, but was able to find the code at the very end of the Source Home Page and it should be fairly easy to tweak from what I can tell. Will play around with it, but at first glance, I really like it.

Thanks!

Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 3:45 PM - Response #22

Jack,

The more I look at that, the more I like it. Thank you for taking the time to do that for me!

Let me toss out some random thoughts, and if you don't have the time or inclination to do any more, please don't worry about it, but if you don't mind, let me ramble.

The first thought that I had was could I find the right place to tweak the colors, took me a trial and error or two but I found it (wasn't sure which one was which).

1. Could you Comment the fields within the code, sort of a non-printing put the Text Color Here; put the background color here; sort of thing.

2. That thought lead to perhaps having a "box" of sorts, separate from the code where we could "fill in the blank" and IF there was something in the box, THEN over-ride the basic colors that already exist, IF NOT, leave the existing colors alone.

3. That lead to the thought, would it be possible to create a separate page that would hold this "box" information, so anyone wanting to tweak the colors would ONLY have direct access to the specific page that held all the Variable page attributes, but kept them away from the actual page code (unless they went directly to the Home Page Source). That way they might be less likely to hit something in error and break the whole page?

In other words, a second page that might just say: Text Color ______; Background Color______; Background Image or Texture______; where your code would check with an IF/THEN and IF they added their own colors, THEN use them, ELSE use the basic layout. Would this have any merit?

Now I should probably stop at this point and let it all sink in, but if you'll permit me to continue.

4. OK, you know how the classcreator site allows us to have a page and sub pages. What if you made a RSS Page that would allow us to tweak the RSS Feed Heading and main colors. Then have Sub-Pages that would activate Separate RSS Feeds, such as the Word of the Day, The Quotes, etc.

What I'm thinking is a main page that would feed specifics into your underlying code on the home page. Let's call that the MAIN CODE. The Main Code would check to see what SubPages were listed under it and IF there were one, two, three or more pages, THEN add that many Modules (the different RSS Feeds) so that IF we had a single feed, one feed would be displayed, IF we had 7 Sub pages, specifying the RSS Feed Source, and our own color combinations that could vary Module/SubPage by Module/SubPage, i.e. each could be different.

I'm thinking, have a routine that would check for SubPages and display them in the order we have them set (probably as Inactive) on our website. IF the Main RSS page was empty, don't show any RSS Modules, but if there were, show them all, in the order that they appear, that way we could change the order of the pages around (without having to do any particular additional coding or change to your coding) and have the module order change correspondingly.

What do you think? Any merit in this? Could this possibly move this ability into the hands of some of our Administrators (myself included) that might lack the programming skills to fix anything they might break, and put the things that they needed to interact with, into a more simple format?

5. What I'm wondering is IF we (you) could create a format like this, possibly CC might offer the option of adding RSS Feed Options that we could activate or deactivate on the Home Page, much like they do with the Content Area and Right Modules currently, in other words, provide an automatic mechanism for US to add our own RSS Feed without all the code that we've been talking about.

Of course I realize that WITH YOUR code, we don't need them to duplicate it, but that having been said, I can see that it might be a very functional additional ability that CC would provide for everyone. Heck, they might see what we come up with and let us do the background research and initial development (or full development). You never know.

[Brad, certainly not trying to step on any toes here. I hope you don't mind this line of thought. ]

Oh, one thing, and really the only thing that I noticed about the trial is that we could use a little more space after the last module and before the existing material, in this case (Logged in: Me).

Edited 02/26/17 7:10 PM
Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 7:43 PM - Response #23

Possible only if I get paid - lol.

Lots of areas covered, so this is a mix of how and why.

The color thing could be done, but that's actually easy referencing an online color reference - like the one I have on another page. So yes, it could be done similar to the JVideoPlayer creation page (a fairly involved task), but not sure how many would actually use it. How would people know it's even there?

RSS is very specific to a site, in this case the TheFreeDictionary.com site.

The two top CSS styles control ALL of the feed colors. Which gets into a chicken and egg thing. Just commenting stuff sort of implies that person knows how the read the code. Right now, this is for a person already comfortable with Editor "Source" code. So 'copy and paste' is easy and gets the basics.

To add or delete feeds is also easy. If one looks, it's actually almost the same code as for a regular page! It's just surrounded by a 'div' to isolate it on a page to move it to the right side.

I could make a sample with ALL the feeds that fit on the right side (See thefreedictionary.com for the choices. Then one removes those not wanted.

CC needs commercial permission to use whatever feeds they want to use but easy to do as they pretty much do that now. The current right side already has similar content.

Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 11:24 PM - Response #24

Good points. So the 'div' is what moves it to the right. OK, I'll have to study on that a bit. Somehow I had the idea it was more complicated, but I'll bet I can figure it out.

Don't worry about doing any more programming for now, I'm trying to figure out which feeds I want to include, so many just aren't relevant.

Also, I've added the Brain Fodder page to my site so I've got all of that, just on a separate page, and I've added Quotes from TheySaidSo.com. I think I like their stuff a little better, perhaps a bit less esoteric, but then again, they all change daily. Today TheySaidSo had a quote from Arnold Horshak "Winning is nice if you don't lose your integrity in the process." Somehow, quoting from "Welcome Back Kotter" seems a bit of fresh air.

Thanks again!

Monday, February 27, 2017 at 12:21 AM - Response #25

The extra div and /div creates a 'container' (I name it RSSfeed now - but any name works). The javascript copies from RSSfeed and puts it into the CC 'container' called 'sidebar2'. Then I erase RSSfeed.

Not sure all feeds can be done this way I'll look at https://theysaidso.com/feeds# and see how that one works.

Monday, February 27, 2017 at 1:30 AM - Response #26

Both theysaidso.com and the feed.mikle.com worked successfully. Didn't try to change the colors on those two, but each different type needs different CSS to do that too.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 9:37 PM - Response #27

So if I swap out the url on the mikle.com and substitute the theysaidso.com it should work on the right side module? Nice! Haven't tried it yet, but I'm sporting new colors on the right modules. Worked great (but I'm not a color coordinator/designer by choice, well, a little more of one today).

Have not been able to figure out how to add a little space immediately after the right modules that sit directly on top of "who's logged in." Would like to add just a little more space there.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 11:48 PM - Response #28

What this involves is just HTML code. All of the code is still html even for an RSS feed. All the feed does is generate some content dynamically - within the given references via a script. It's exactly the same way JVideoPlayer works - I generate the content within the div reference.

To add the extra space, I just added a < br / > (break line) after the last feed. If you add another one you get one more space.

I made test page with ALL the feeds we've discussed. The last two feeds can not have color changed without writing some more script for those feeds.

This is the LINK to your test page so people can see. They can't go anywhere else on your site, just that page. Site might load a bit slow at times Twisted Evil

P.S. I just positioned it for demo purposes, but on the home page it would go exactly where the right side is located.

Edited 02/28/17 11:50 PM
Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 2:02 PM - Response #29

Thanks Jack,

The < br/ > added the perfect amount of space. Your explanation on the RSS-Feed Source really helped a lot. I'm still not there yet, but that definitely helps understand what's happening.

I did notice that on the top feed on the RSS testing Page, there is a white stripe along the right side that doesn't appear on the other feeds. Is this coming in from the source?

Also, and I don't know if this is due to your coding, or coming in from my home page, if you scroll down to the magenta quote from Apple, there is a green artifact that appears after the quote but before the author (Apple).

Actually, forget scrolling down, it's also the top of my Home Page, and the artifact remains no matter what quote is displayed day to day.

This artifact first appears as a single long line on the home page that appears when the page first loads, and is immediately erased and the new quote replaces it, all except for a couple of spaces. Thinking it was the feed, I used several of their other "styles." All acted the same way, however one style broke the artifact up into two segments, one on each of two lines. (The artifact appears to be three characters wide.)

From your explanation of how html works, I'm guessing this is displayed on the original screen, then the replace kicks in, erases most, but not all of the original feed, and displays the new version, but the artifact, for some reason, remains, partially.

Another reason I suspect it's coming from my site is that the green on my website, and the magenta writing on it (which disappears to quickly to see most of the time) matches my text.

Any thoughts?

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 3:57 PM - Response #30

It's an interaction between the feed and CC styles - 'footer'.

Both use the "footer" style - also used by CC in custom.cfm. That is generating what you see. You could override footer with your own def. Affects the BOTTOM display of your home page.

Artifact does not appear on a 'clean' page.

Edit: They modified the code so all is OK now.

Edited 03/05/17 9:08 PM
Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 4:33 PM - Response #31

Edit: Code was modified by site so what was here is no longer required. Nice to see a site respond so fast.

Edited 03/05/17 9:08 PM
Thursday, March 2, 2017 at 12:33 AM - Response #32

Very nice. Thank you!

EDIT 3/6/2017 The problem this refers to has been corrected.

As far as I can tell, it just eliminated the bottom green section, the footer, I didn't notice if anything else disappeared, seems like that was it.

I added it and that corrected the artifact. Is this anything that I might mention to the folks at Theysaidso.com? I'd mentioned it to them and got a response that seemed to indicate they were interested, or is it just one of those strange interactions that just happen?

I'm assuming that if it affected my site, it would likely affect any other CC site. If it's worth mentioning to them, how could I phrase it to communicate the problem (and solution you came up with)?

Edited 03/06/17 1:13 PM
Thursday, March 2, 2017 at 12:44 AM - Response #33

Just don't use common names to design the output. In this case they used "< footer >". Didn't have to be called that at all.

Edit: And that's what they did. Great job responding to this issue.

Edited 03/05/17 9:09 PM
Thursday, March 2, 2017 at 1:17 AM - Response #34

Just sent it to them. We'll see if they do anything.

Friday, March 3, 2017 at 2:13 PM - Response #35

Well Jack, there you go again, helping fix not just our sites, but others on the internet as well.

I just got this response:

Gary, [Jack]
Thank you so much for the detailed analysis. We will be happy to fix our side if it is causing problems. I'll get one our Engineers in it and will let you know when it is fixed (shouldn't take more than couple of days). Appreciate the email again.

Thanks
Ed

Thank you!

EDIT : 3/6/2017 The folks that make the feed (TheySaidSo.com) have graciously modified their code and we no longer have the artifact.

Yes, it is great when a site even responds at all, let alone so quickly!

Edited 03/06/17 6:04 PM
Friday, March 3, 2017 at 3:28 PM - Response #36

Well that was interesting feedback. Nice to see someone respond.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 12:28 AM - Response #37

I've slept since you posted the various RSS Feeds code and they are starting to run together. This is a recap of some of the codes.

To use these codes, copy and paste them at the end of your Home Page under SOURCE.

If you decide to try these. I suggest that you MAKE a BACKUP FIRST - go to SOURCE on your Home Page, highlight it all, copy it all, then paste it into a New Page to make a backup copy for safe keeping if something goes wrong. (I can copy and paste, but as far as figuring out what went wrong, I won't be much help.)

For PC users, go to SOURCE, hit Control A to select/highlight All, hit Control C to copy, then close the Home Page. Create a Home Page Backup, go to SOURCE, and hit Control V to paste the copied code. Save and you've got a backup.

This is the code from Message #14
It connects to TFD.com Free Website Content The Free Dictionary and has 10 different categories, Word of the Day, Article of the Day, This Day in History, Today's Birthday, Today's Holiday, In the News, Quote of the Day, Spelling Bee, Match Up (link words with similar meaning), and Hangman.

There are a number of color codes that will change the header and body colors, along with others that will change the text, etc. If you look for the color code #D9EAFF (background-color:#D9EAFF) roughly 14 lines from the top; and (background-color:lightyellow) about 5 lines below that, these are the two that change the header and background colors.

The following code will add Word of the Day and Quote of the Day as Modules to the right side of the Home Page.

If you'd like to have 8 of the 10 modules from The Free Dictionary (the other two require more width than is available) here is the code to place all 8 on the right side.

Please look over this entire message chain for additional RSS Feed Possibilities and resources.

If you have your own favorites, please be sure to post them. Thanks to LeAnn Kugath for the link to her Brain Fodder page (see Messages #6 & 11.)

An incredibly Big Thank You to Jack Vermeulen for writing the code to make all this possible!

Edited 03/15/17 1:19 PM
Thursday, June 1, 2017 at 3:19 PM - Response #38

See Examples of What is Possible with an RSS Feed

I just received a link from Feedwind / Mikle.com that I use for one of my RSS Feeds with some really nice examples of what can be done with feeds.

If you've ever wondered if it could be beneficial to your site, I'd encourage you to look at these links:

Examples you can See Here

Good Information Here This shows how to Customize your feed, radius corners, insert backgrounds, borders, titles, etc.

I'm not trying to push these folks, but they do offer 5 widgets for free that I use and actually corrected their programming that had caused a problem with classcreator sites. That's fairly unusual and pretty impressive!

If you have any other favorite providers, please let us know!

Edited 06/01/17 3:43 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.