ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Photos

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/06/19 10:21 AM Views: 446 Replies: 5
Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 10:21 AM

I just took over some admin duties and am trying to catch up on how to do certain things. Well I need to download pictures that have been uploaded to website, but not in the photo galleries. They are loaded on individual pages. I have got to the file vault and can see all photos listed, but I can only download 1 at a time. Does anyone know of a way to download multiple files at once?
Thanks
Linda

Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 2:03 PM - Response #1

Under Manage Classmates at the bottom of the page there is a button to download the profile photos. It will be a zip folder with a folder for each member's photos included.

Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 4:33 PM - Response #2

I think the question might be how to download more than 1 photo at a time from the FILE VAULT.

Quote:

I have got to the file vault and can see all photos listed

Classmate photos are not stored there and do not count towards site storage.

IMO there's a bug in the File Vault app (or someone needs to add some code). You can multi-select files and DELETE them or upload multiple files, but you can't download more than one at a time. IOW, somebody forgot to parse the full list like is done with both adding and deleting files.

Short answer - there is no way to do that ATM Twisted Evil

Edited 02/06/19 4:35 PM
Saturday, February 9, 2019 at 10:29 AM - Response #3

Thanks for that information. Not the answer we were looking for but at least I know what needs to be done. I appreciate your input

Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 1:01 PM - Response #4

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

IMO there's a bug in the File Vault app (or someone needs to add some code). You can multi-select files and DELETE them or upload multiple files, but you can't download more than one at a time. IOW, somebody forgot to parse the full list like is done with both adding and deleting files.

Short answer - there is no way to do that ATM Twisted Evil

Unfortunately, that's correct. But it's a 'known bug'. It was discussed {HERE} back in 2016 when the newest editor (and File Vault app) was installed.

Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 4:53 PM - Response #5

I think I may have a way to make downloads easier, however, I can only do that for files that are USED on pages (using code from the cross-reference project I did some time back). Need to make a test to see if that's possible for large images. Might not work for all browsers either.

You would probably have to click on where to save for each file (it will stay the same after the first one), but the process would keep repeating without having to select each file found.

Or maybe it's harder than I think Twisted Evil

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.