ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Unapproved announcements

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/09/17 01:21 PM Views: 1012 Replies: 15
Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 1:21 PM

Greetings. Yesterday an announcement about the passing of an individual was posted to the entire membership of our site. Neither the sender nor the deceased appear to be members of our class. In other cases, announcements have been suspended until I give approval (I am the main administrator). How can an announcement like this slip by and how can I block them pending approval in the future? My site is:
sanleandrohighschool63.org.

Thanks.

Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 1:25 PM - Response #1

Please be more specific about what you mean. Are you saying they POSTED AN ANNOUNCEMENT? If so, did you already delete the announcement? If not, what announcement is it? Announcements can't be posted unless the classmate is logged in, so they would have to log in to do this.

Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 1:58 PM - Response #2

Monique,
More likely, someone posted a "Message To The Class" on the What's New page (or in their own profile) which sends a notify to everyone. But the person posting it would have to have been a registered member.

Edited 02/09/17 1:59 PM
Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 2:44 PM - Response #3
steven sukolo.msg

I have attached the message. It appears to have been sent from sanleandrohigh@sanleandrohigh.com. Perhaps it did not go out to the entire class but only to me and the other administrator (I'm not sure.) Probably should have checked further before I wrote to you. I am checking now.

Thanks,
Monique

Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 2:46 PM - Response #4

What is the file-type of    steven sukolo.msg? Is it an image? If so, what type of image?

Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 4:09 PM - Response #5
Sukolo Announcement.pdf

Sending again as a PDF. Still checking to see whether it only came to Admin or went out generally.

Thanks.

Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 4:33 PM - Response #6

Any e-mail you receive that has "Sender's IP Address" comes from the website's CONTACT US link.

Your entire class did NOT receive this message. Only those admins who have that permission granted to them to receive the "Contact Us" messages.

Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 7:19 PM - Response #7

Thank you so much, Kyle. That is a huge relief and confirmed by one of our classmates as well. Just wish we could figure out how to contact him. Do you see a way?

Thanks again for your help and quick response.

Monique

Friday, February 10, 2017 at 11:25 AM - Response #8

No, IP addresses are usually vague and only give a general area of where the user was located.

Friday, February 10, 2017 at 12:17 PM - Response #9

Okay. Thanks again for your help.
Monique

Friday, February 10, 2017 at 1:04 PM - Response #10

You're welcome

Monday, February 12, 2018 at 4:53 PM - Response #11

How can I disconnect the "Post Announcement" link in the left-hand menu?

Monday, February 12, 2018 at 5:00 PM - Response #12

Follow up.
I want administrators to be able to contact the class, but I don't want members to be able to post announcements that go to everyone. We currently use the Message Forum (available to everyone) for general communications and "Email the Class" for announcements. Thanks.

Monday, February 12, 2018 at 5:01 PM - Response #13

Hi David,

You have already turned it off under your Post Announcements page by unchecking the:    Allow Classmates to submit Announcements (all Classmate-submitted Announcements are added in an inactive state and must be activated by an Administrator)

Administrators will see it so you can continue to manage announcements, however, that link will not appear for classmates without administrative access.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, February 12, 2018 at 5:08 PM - Response #14

Thanks, Jessica, but please explain what the bottom line in this Class Creator email means.
11 new responses have been posted in our Message Forum

Lowell Tuttle
A 75 year old was in having his annual checkup. The Doctor asked, "How are you … More
Bob Fleming
Lowell - So I must have come across the same 75 year old man sometime later. I was … More
Lowell Tuttle
Sandra, I tried to install Keepass and it loaded "extensions" on my PC. This … More
Royce Herndon
May-December Romance Convinced by concerned friends to seek counseling before marrying, … More
Phil Huber
Lowell, I am not Sandra but I would like to answer your post about security. I would … More
Sandra Spieker (Ringo)
Lowell, I answered your question about KeePass via private message. More
Tommy Thomas
Thanks to David this website exists. Thanks to Sandra it has been developed and … More
Lawrence (Lance) Cantor
WHEN I WAS A LAD Well David, I don’t think I recall much about the Clov … More
Hollis Carolyn Heyn
Lance, you are a rockstar with that last youtube video, Sir. More
Janalu Jeanes (Parchman)
Hollis, I've been thinking about you for the last few days, knowing you're … More
Hollis Carolyn Heyn
Thank you, sweet Janalu. She was a difficult girl whom I adopted when she was four … More

New message posted to the class
Sharyn Schreiber (Pinney)
Just discovered the FB page.....perhaps I will be a better class member. Sad to hear … More

Monday, February 12, 2018 at 5:52 PM - Response #15

The last message from Sharyn Schreiber was a post on your What's New page where there is an option to post a message to the page.. It looks like you have already very recently turned off the What's New page under Edit Site Pages.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.