ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Flashing/Bold notations for new entries

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/24/08 01:56 PM Views: 4942 Replies: 6
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 1:56 PM

It would be very helpful if we could see some notification on the homepage of new content. For example, if a new posting to "Message Forum" has been made by anyone since your last visit, the title words could flash or be in bold face until you access them. This could apply to any or all departments.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 4:26 PM - Response #1

I agree. Something like I've seen on websites and portals with a little New icon that shows beside the content. Or maybe a pane like the Profile Updates pane that updates periodically that shows links that have been updated along with the date.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 7:18 PM - Response #2

An automated "What's New" type of area is a good idea I think. We could also make it optional, and editable, so the admin has some control over what goes in there.

Now, help me determine EXACTLY what would go into such a box. When the new threaded forums launch, you'll be able to subscribe to new posts directly. Although we could still show the latest 2 or 3 items in the What's New box. And we could show sub pages of the site that have recently been updated, along with the date of the update.

What else though?

Monday, September 29, 2008 at 2:14 PM - Response #3

I see it as being a box that is on the right side of the page that shows pages that have been updated along with a New! icon. So that whenever an administrator clicks the Save Changes button on the Edit Site Pages pages then it would populate in the box. Maybe keep the last 5-10 changes.

Does that make sense?

Monday, September 29, 2008 at 7:41 PM - Response #4

Perfect sense. Smile

Saturday, June 27, 2020 at 6:17 PM - Response #5

Stumbled upon this old 'post.'
Any thoughts to resurrecting the idea?

Monday, July 6, 2020 at 2:20 PM - Response #6

Hi Steve,

Have you checked out the What's New link on your site? You have it turned off, however, from Edit Site Pages you can Preview it and see how the page auto-updates when a profile is updated, a birthday happens or a page gets updated. I think that covers most of this. We already have options on the home page that shows birthdays and profile updates.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.