ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

classmate Profile option suggestion

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/16/08 06:54 PM Views: 2117 Replies: 6
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 6:54 PM

Sometimes there are marriages within the graduating class- where one classmate marries another classmate. There should be a way to link two classmates together, so that clicking on a link in the one profile takes you to the other profile.

So, could there be a somewhere in the classmate profile where there could be a "My Pals" or "My Favorite Classmates" where we could put a bunch of links to other classmates?

Is the "Web Page(s)" field where something like this should be put? That didn't look very good when I pasted my URL for my profile in the "Web Page(s)" input field.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 8:06 PM - Response #1

Hi Kyle,
What a great idea! My husband and I are one of those couples! I would love if we could connect them somehow! Thanks for coming up with the idea...and Brad...I want to second his request!
Thanks!
Anita

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 10:54 PM - Response #2

We may find a way to automate this, or do something with this when we get to Profile Generator. For now though, you can certainly make any link you want already. You have to know a very small dose of html code to do so, but anybody can learn this in about 1 minute. Just Google "html tutorial" and you'll find all kinds of tutorials that will teach you how to make a simple link. Here's the jist of it though:

Click here to see my great profile.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 11:18 PM - Response #3

Brad Switzer wrote:

The Spouse/Partner's Name: field is only 50 characters long, so it isn't really long enough to include a link.

I suppose a comment to the spouse classmate could be included in the comments section (if the classmate was a little bit familiar with HTML)

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 at 12:50 PM - Response #4

I changed the max characters to 150 instead of 50, so you can now put a link here if you want to.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 at 1:17 PM - Response #5

Brad Switzer wrote:

I changed the max characters to 150 instead of 50, so you can now put a link here if you want to.

Thanks.

I tried it and it almost works. I can put the link in the spouse name field. When I click on the spouse name in the profile, it does take me to the spouse's profile. This is the part that works.

The problem is when I EDIT the profile again, the spouse field is all messed up. The only text that is inside of the text input box is . All of the other text, including the spouse's name is outside of the input box and cannot be changed. I think the problem is the DOUBLE QUOTE character. I will try again with a single quote.

OK, Here is what I discovered, If I have SINGLE QUOTES, it works fine. If I use DOUBLE QUOTES, it doesn't work and I get bad results like talked about above.

So the bug here is that DOUBLE QUOTES used in the spouse field will mess up the profile edit page. DOUBLE QUOTES might be used for displaying a nick-name.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 at 7:13 PM - Response #6

Ahhhhhhh. Easy fix. Thanks!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.