ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Unable to add admin

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/07/19 10:30 AM Views: 1056 Replies: 10
Sunday, July 7, 2019 at 10:30 AM
add admin.jpg

A friend wants me to help with their site [Brazosport Class of 68], and I agreed to be an admin. [I have been a guest on his site for years]
However, when he goes to my 'Details' page, there is nothing between Missing Override and Admin Notes.
Any ideas?

Edited 07/07/19 11:03 AM
Sunday, July 7, 2019 at 1:22 PM - Response #1

Steve, Was that screen snap from him, or from you looking at your details?
If it was from him, is your friend a root? It looks like he had permission to add you as an admin since the admin notes box is there, but not the permission to assign admin options.

If that was you screen snapping your details, what admin options do you have in your left-side menus?

Sunday, July 7, 2019 at 3:46 PM - Response #2

Once again I think John has nailed it. The screen shot Steve posted is the same as what I see when, on a site for which I am a co-admin, I go to manage classmates and click on an individual .

Sunday, July 7, 2019 at 7:28 PM - Response #3

The screen shot was from him, what he saw when trying to 'add' me as an admin.
The Root Admin is a class member, and not particularly active on the site, who finances the site I believe, who turns it over to others to run the site.

With that said, the Root Admin has not given him 'full reign?'
I presume I should have him to ask the Root Admin to, Grant Admin Rights, to check the box:

Give this person the ability to grant others admin access.

Makes perfect sense! Thanks guys!

Sunday, July 7, 2019 at 7:35 PM - Response #4

Since you say "he", I checked both "he" admins of the 1968 website. One "he" (Walter) is the Root Admin, when I log in as this person and view your DETAILS page, I see the "Grant Admin Access:" checkbox. When I log in as the other male admin (Rodney), I don't see it.

You should contact Walter if you want to become an admin of their website.

Sunday, July 7, 2019 at 7:52 PM - Response #5

Duly noted Kyle.
Thanks!

Thursday, September 5, 2019 at 7:21 PM - Response #6

I am experiencing the same problem. I am trying to add an additional admin and the add option is not there.

Thursday, September 5, 2019 at 10:21 PM - Response #7

Only the root admin can add an additional admin. I'm not a root admin so I'm only mentioning this based on what I think I've seen in previous posts on this subject. I believe when you go to Admin Functions, Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates, then click on Details for the classmate you wish to make an admin, there is a box somewhere that you can check to add them as an admin.

Thursday, September 5, 2019 at 11:39 PM - Response #8

Scott is correct. Only the Root Admin can add another admin UNLESS the Root Admin also grants that right to another admin. Then they both can grant new admin rights to classmates.

Friday, September 6, 2019 at 9:59 AM - Response #9

I am the only admin since the beginning of the site. The box that you mentioned that I can click on to add admin, is not present

Friday, September 6, 2019 at 6:40 PM - Response #10

You must have created a different login for the Root. There is a root labeled Website Administrator. There is also one additional administrator who is not the root for a total of three admins.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.