ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Edit names for nametags

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/20/24 03:10 PM Views: 62 Replies: 9
Saturday, April 20, 2024 at 3:10 PM

We are using Event Planner. How can I edit classmate names before printing nametags?

Saturday, April 20, 2024 at 9:26 PM - Response #1

Hi Ed,

It uses their profile name under Manage Classmates > Enter/edit Classmates > search their name and change it and save

You may need to also update the transaction under Event Planner > Edit > Quick Links > Transactions > Edit

Go to the Edit/pencil next to their name, search their name and then click their name in the search results to connect it to the updated name.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, April 22, 2024 at 6:27 PM - Response #2

Thanks. I messed around with it and it seems like this... If I edit the Registration Name it shows the change on the sample nametags on the screen, but when I print it prints the Profile Name, not what was on the screen. I wish it would print the Registration Name like the screen. That way I could edit Registration Name and not change the Profile Name which in our case includes middle names that we don't want to lose. Seems like it would be better if nametags used Registration Names. That way we could use nicknames that people remember from High School.

Monday, April 22, 2024 at 6:38 PM - Response #3

When they register they choose "guest is a classmate" which then ties their registration name to their profile name so all names should be their profile name already.

If they go by a different name shouldn't that name be their profile name as well?

Jessica

Tuesday, April 23, 2024 at 11:49 AM - Response #4

I'll use myself as an example. My Profile name is "Edward Jennings [Ed] White". I would like the nametag to say "Ed White". But I don't want to lose my official name in my profile. Thanks.

Tuesday, April 23, 2024 at 12:03 PM - Response #5

You can print the tags and change it back.

Or use the download data option and change any names in the data and mail merge and print from the download.

Tuesday, April 23, 2024 at 3:55 PM - Response #6

Another good reason for a profile nickname field with perhaps an option in the nametag application to enable formatting how one wishes to print them.

Tuesday, April 23, 2024 at 4:45 PM - Response #7

F C Bock wrote:

Another good reason for a profile nickname field with perhaps an option in the nametag application to enable formatting how one wishes to print them.

I'll take Things That Will Never Happen for $1000

Wednesday, April 24, 2024 at 10:31 AM - Response #8

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

I'll take Things That Will Never Happen for $1000

I certainly wouldn't want to be on the opposite side of your bet.

Wednesday, April 24, 2024 at 10:52 AM - Response #9

I found a way to make it work. It may be sort of what you originally suggested with a twist. In Event Planner I went to transactions. For a specific transaction I clicked on the edit pencil on the person whose name I want to change. It allowed me to edit that and change to a simpler "nick" name (be sure to Save it). You have to do this for every name you want to change on the nametags. Then, when you go to print nametags, choose "Registration Name" under Name Format. When you print nametags they will then have the names you changed without having to change the classmates' names in their Profiles. Thank you for your help. The idea to have a field for "Nickname" in profiles is still a good one. Add to that a Name Format option in Nametags of "Nickname + Last Name".

Edited 04/24/24 10:55 AM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.