New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Polls

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/11/09 09:57 AM Views: 2682 Replies: 10
Sunday, October 11, 2009 at 9:57 AM

how do you check the statistics on the poll feture

Sunday, October 11, 2009 at 10:24 AM - Response #1

Here is the answer (from the FAQs)

What's the difference between a Poll and a Survey?

Answer: Here's an explanation:

Poll: The Poll embeds right into your home page and is often used as an entertainment feature. Polls can only have multiple choice answers. Each Classmate can only vote once, and after voting Classmates see the Live Poll Results in a graphical pie chart format (pie chart will not appear until 2 or more Classmates have selected 2 or more answers). To create a Poll click on Edit Site Pages from your Administration Area, then click the Edit button next to "Home Page". Finally click on "Manage Poll" and then follow the instructions.

Survey: The Survey module allows you to create sophisticated surveys with simple point and click functionality. Surveys are usually used for collecting necessary information, such as information to assist you in planning a Class Reunion. The sky's the limit on the types of surveys you can design and the questions you can ask. You can even put more than one survey live at a time. Classmates must log in to vote, and each Classmate can only vote once. Surveys have their own visibility permission settings, allowing you to decide if Classmates see the results of a survey, or if the survey results stay hidden and only available to you, the Site Administrator.

Sunday, October 11, 2009 at 10:39 AM - Response #2

thanks

Monday, October 12, 2009 at 9:08 PM - Response #3

Can you give some examples/ideas for a Poll? Topics?

Thanks,

Monday, October 12, 2009 at 10:52 PM - Response #4

Some poll ideas:

Ideas 1

Ideas 2

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 3:50 PM - Response #5

Great ideas...thank you!

I made one on "how did you find this site?"...but, not sure how it works because I answered it and all it shows is my answer and all zeros for the other answers. Is that what everyone else will see? ...or on their own Home Page it will be ready for them to answer?

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 10:45 PM - Response #6

4 people have now answered the poll, but I suspect at the time of your post that wasn't the case. You might want to send a class wide email asking everyone to come to your home page and answer the poll. In answer to your question, yes, after completing the poll yourself you will then only see the live poll results coming in. Same thing for all other Classmates. I.E. they will see the poll itself and will then see live results after answering the poll.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 10:49 PM - Response #7

Thanks so much for the quick answer. Each time I do something new, I'm not sure how it works and I'm not sure what the other classmates are seeing. Now I know what to expect from now on!!!

You all are so great!!!

Monday, October 26, 2009 at 8:50 AM - Response #8

I can not seem to find out how to view the information on the poll. All i see is the area where it says active members.

Monday, October 26, 2009 at 1:37 PM - Response #9

You need to answer your poll yourself. Once you do your poll view will convert over to Live Results and you'll be able to see how the rest of your Classmates are answering.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 2:10 AM - Response #10

Polls and mass emails to announce them have been my single best traffic generator.

Here's a cut and paste of the current poll.

- POLL -

What time did you get home after graduation on June 1, 1966
       Before 11 PM
       Between 11 PM and 1 AM
       Between 1 AM and 3 AM
       Between 3 am and 6 AM
       I didn't go home that night.
       None of your business or I don't remember

If you're doing polls and have a few that have worked well, I'd love to hear about them.

My very best traffic generator was "where was the best place to park."

Richard

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.