ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Font is different on iPad or iPhone

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/07/12 12:25 PM Views: 1307 Replies: 5
Saturday, April 7, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Hi, Everyone,

The font I use on my home page is Comic Sans. It looks fine on my desktop Mac but when I look at it with my iPad or iPhone, it's all in an elegant looking cursive script. Like you'd see on a wedding invitation. What's up with that? It's harder to read. Do I need to change something?
Thank you for any help.
Lisa

Saturday, April 7, 2012 at 1:39 PM - Response #1

The other devices just don't have that font. Browsers default to something they think is similar. There must be a "script" attribute to Comic Sans.

Experiment with similar fonts to see which appear on Ipad, etc.

Edited 04/07/12 1:39 PM
Monday, April 9, 2012 at 10:35 PM - Response #2

Hi Lisa,
I don't why, about the I Pod or I Pad, 'cause I don't have either. But I almost exclusively use Comic Sans on my site. It looks even better in Italics. Check out my site and you'll see.
BarbaraSmileSmile

Monday, April 9, 2012 at 10:53 PM - Response #3

FYI: Your "Registration has begun!" (and the rest has the same cursive font as Lisa's on Ipad. I think it looks fine since you have more fonts breaking up the page. Lisa's is very readable, just that it surprised her (I think). It's like writing, not just italics.

Similarly, your design (top only) doesn't show up on Ipads either because it uses Adobe Flash for part of it. So if somebody in the class asks, you can explainIdea

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 2:29 AM - Response #4

Wow! Thank you Jack.
BarbaraIdea

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at 2:42 PM - Response #5

As Lisa said, I also discovered the font on an iPad and iPhone is not the same as the font I see on my PC. I too, used comic sans when building our site. The site on a PC looks fantastic but I was not at all happy with the way it came up on the iPad and iPhone. This morning I went and changed the website font to Arial. Now the Apple devices look more like the website. Live and learn............

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.