ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Photo Icon not displaying

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/05/14 02:48 AM Views: 823 Replies: 17
Saturday, April 5, 2014 at 2:48 AM

Hi, apologies in advance if I am repeating this question: my classmate Rick Hayden posted photos to his profile yet the photo icon does not display on the classmate profile list next to his name. Can anyone tell me why? He is asking me and I don't have an answer for him. Thanks so much.

Monday, April 7, 2014 at 5:14 PM - Response #1

It sure appears that the camera icon should show. I'll take a closer look with a programmer.

Monday, April 7, 2014 at 11:54 PM - Response #2

Good here.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 at 4:50 AM - Response #3

Thank you so much!

Saturday, April 12, 2014 at 2:23 PM - Response #4

I know others have gotten this resolved, but I didn't see an answer as to how to fix it. We have about 15 profiles with photos added by classmates, but no photo icon showing.
Examples: Ashbaugh, Eidsvoog. Thanks!

Sunday, April 13, 2014 at 2:29 AM - Response #5

I didn't do anything to fix it. I assumed it was a glitch in the system and the programmers fixed it for me.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 12:52 PM - Response #6

I believe at this point the icon only fires when a gallery photo is posted. The Master photo and Then & Now photos do not trigger the icon.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 7:50 PM - Response #7

Hi Scott,
I posted a question early today similar to this situation, except that I posted the photos on a person's profile and no camera icon appears. I don't see on this thread what the fix was for it. Could you please let me know how I can resolve this for my classmate. He is wanting people to see his photos.
Thanks so much.
Tracey

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at 10:46 AM - Response #8

This doesn't sound right. Are you saying when a classmate adds a photo to his own profile, the camera icon doesn't display. That doesn't make sense. Or is this a bug?

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at 11:00 AM - Response #9

No, I actually have been helping classmates that can't figure out how to put photos on their profile. So I am doing it for some of them. I really prefer that anyway because I am pretty good at re-sizing them.

The one in question does not show the camera icon next to his profile and he wants others to be aware that he has photos on his page.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at 11:18 AM - Response #10

Most classmates who have posted either a master or now photo show the camera icon. Must be something else about the photos on the profile page that triggers the icon.

Edited 04/25/14 7:43 PM
Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at 3:11 PM - Response #11

Laura - your site is using the new format profiles. The issue above is with the old profile format. I have sent the issue to the programmer.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at 3:32 PM - Response #12

Thank you Scott. I look forward to your reply.

Tracey

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at 7:24 PM - Response #13

Scott,

I went into the classmates profile and deleted one of the five photos I put on and then uploaded the same photo again. The camera icon is now there.

I used the same process I always do. Maybe your programmer will be able to figure it out for future problems.

Have a great day!!

Tracey

Saturday, April 19, 2014 at 12:34 PM - Response #14

Scott:
I found a way to solve it. Thank you.
Laurel

Thursday, April 24, 2014 at 9:41 AM - Response #15

Laurel, would you mind sharing what you did to solve it?
Thanks, Camille

Thursday, April 24, 2014 at 3:52 PM - Response #16

Hi Camille,

I discovered that even if a photo shows on a member's profile page, if you click on their photos from manage classmates, they did not make the choice to share the photo. I think the camera icon only appears if at least one of the photos has the green check mark. Not sure why the photos show if they haven't been selected, but at least this solved my icon problem!

Laurel

Edited 04/24/14 9:47 PM
Friday, April 25, 2014 at 1:47 PM - Response #17

Thanks, Laurel!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.