ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

site emails-why birthdays on some?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/31/15 12:36 PM Views: 807 Replies: 4
Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 12:36 PM
birthday email.jpg

I got an email from a classmate wanting to know why some birthdays are mentioned in a site email and some not mentioned. This person had a birthday and it was NOT mentioned in a site email, yet other birthdays were. The screenshot I attached shows the site email to the classmate. I received the exact same email (announcing the new pictures) but mine did NOT have the birthday information for Jackie Archer (Blackley) I didn't have an answer and told him I would make an inquiry.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 1:07 PM - Response #1

Birthday reminders are part of the Notify Me process. If you are following a classmate you have the option of having it remind you about their birthday. Each classmate has control of their own Notify Me. Each classmate also has control over the setting on whether or not their birthday information is shared.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 at 7:23 PM - Response #2
Willard received.JPG

Could I jump in on this discussion, even though it's old.

I have a classmate who shares a birthday with two others. She has felt she was being discriminated against because her birthday was not showing up. I showed here that it was in the upcoming birthday listings that we show on the homepage last year when she complained, but it was already passed when she complained this year. (And the birthday is shown on her personal page even on days following her birthday) BUT she did send me the email she received with just the names of the other two celebrants. Usually I delete birthday emails upon receipt but fortunately my copy was still in the Trash folder. On mine her name DOES appear (attached), but she believes it was added after she complained.

My guess is that the Class Creator system purposefully does not notify classmates of their own birthday even if she has approved notification of her birthday and she herself is checked on the list of classmates about whom she wishes to be notified.

Help! -B

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 at 7:24 PM - Response #3
Ricci received.JPG

To complete my immediate prior note, attached is the message my complaining classmate received. -B

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at 8:36 AM - Response #4

Bob,

You are correct. The system does not send the birthday notice to the classmate who is having a birthday. They probably will not be sending themselves an email or a birthday card in the mail. They probably already remember their own birthday.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.