ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Photo Vault

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/07/11 01:07 PM Views: 2338 Replies: 11
Saturday, May 7, 2011 at 1:07 PM

I'm not sure how to access the photo vault. I see the option to click on it when I'm uploading a photo, but I need to access it to delete some duplicate photos. We are almost at our size limit. Also, can you purchase additional storage space for photos?

Saturday, May 7, 2011 at 1:22 PM - Response #1

There isn't actually a specific "File Vault" just for the Galleries. To delete duplicate photos from the gallery, you must do it through the gallery creator then go to the individual galleries and delete the photos.

If the photos aren't in the "Photo Gallery", you can delete photos from the Edit Site Pages, Edit Home Page, then click the IMAGE button, then the File Vault button. If you delete the pictures but they are still referenced on a page, the image on the page will disappear.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 at 5:54 AM - Response #2

Kyle,

I did go to the file vault as you described above (we are over limit). The page doesn't show what files are being stored. So far I have uploaded name, address, etc plus graduation photos and about 15 mp3s.

I deleted several mp3s from the system and that didn't seem to help. I may have multiple uploads of music but I can't find them.

The storage limit of 200 mb seems a bit low to me. Even hotmail (free) give you a gig. Don't get me wrong, our class loves this site. That's my only complaint (I know we can purchase more).

Thanks,
Bill Doherty
Whitehaven High 1969

Thursday, May 19, 2011 at 10:57 AM - Response #3

FYI: You can also store data on sites like Dropbox.com (2 GB for free). A bit more hassle since one has to go to 2 sites and has to put a bit more effort into supplying the link names. But it's not hard once you do 1 the rest are easy.

Friday, May 20, 2011 at 10:56 AM - Response #4

Hi Bill,

You can go to any page with a page editor (any of your custom pages under Edit Site Pages will work). The page editor has its own tool bar just above the editing window. There is an Edit/Insert Link icon (blue globe with a sideways chainlink in front of it). Click on that and then click the tab for uploading a file. There is a link to the file vault on that tab. Click the file vault link and you will see all of your MP3s listed there.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, June 3, 2018 at 8:04 PM - Response #5

Also trying to figure out how to access photo vault. I cannot find my original photo of the school I uploaded to use at the top of our home page and would like to access it from the website to get a copy to use on another project.

Monday, June 4, 2018 at 2:22 AM - Response #6

To access the file vault:

Admin Functions > Edit Site Pages > click on Edit Page for the page of interest > on the top row of icons, click on Image, the second icon from the left > click on File Vault in the upper left corner (below Choose File).

Monday, June 4, 2018 at 3:47 PM - Response #7

When I went to Edit Site Pages>Edit Home Page there is a list and the Home Page Content has no option to edit. The photo is uploaded and added to the actual template used for the website.

Monday, June 4, 2018 at 4:39 PM - Response #8

The editor window for the homepage content is located on the Edit Site Pages > Edit Page for homepage and then you need to scroll down the page to find the editor window.

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 at 1:03 AM - Response #9

LaVerne, I think the school photo you are looking for can be found on the Change Design page. Scroll down to the 3rd section where you will be able to view that photo, logo, and Favicon. Below School Photo, click View. Don't delete it! The photo will open in a new window and you can copy or save that image.

School Information
School Name:    
School Year(s):    
School Logo:    
Delete Current Logo VIEW
School Photo:    
Delete Current Photo VIEW
Favicon:    
What's this? Make online
Delete Current Favicon VIEW

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 at 9:48 AM - Response #10

Thanks, Debbie. That worked perfectly.

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 at 12:03 PM - Response #11

Thank you Debbie for jumping in on that. I missed the original question further up the screen.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.