ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Notify Classmates after EDIT

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/05/17 07:33 PM Views: 4328 Replies: 2
Saturday, August 5, 2017 at 7:33 PM

The current default for the "Notify classmates" checkbox at the bottom of every edit page is checked for ON.
Please change the default on all edit pages to unchecked for OFF.

As I tweak and update the pages I feel sure I have been bugging the heck out of registered classmates with e-mails created by fixing typos or minor wording changes. I fear that these accidental e-mail floods will cause some to stop reading e-mails from the site.
It is not easy to remember to uncheck the box when I think I am done with the page.

The requested change in default setting could be a quick fix on the site for this problem. A longer term solution could be to remove the Notify classmates item completely from the Edit pages. Once an edited page has been saved, go to a new page the tasks, "DO you want to notify your classmates of this change?" with a yes/no radio button selection.

Thanks

Saturday, August 5, 2017 at 11:27 PM - Response #1

Craig,

You can do this yourself. Under Admin Functions > Preferences > Classmate Notifications, check the box that says "Unchecked: Do not automatically send subscriber notices unless box is manually checked before saving."

Saturday, August 5, 2017 at 11:30 PM - Response #2

Perfect, Scott. Thank you. I had, indeed, missed that option way at the bottom of Preferences.

Just changed it.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.