ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

PDF file for announcement

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/09/15 04:01 PM Views: 960 Replies: 3
Friday, October 9, 2015 at 4:01 PM

I have a pdf file that has text and picture in it that I was asked to place in our announcements. If I try to upload the whole file as a .pdf file, it shows up as a link. I'd like to have the file viewed on the page instead of a link, but if I convert to a .jpg the text is unreadable. Is there a way to upload a PDF file for view?

Friday, October 9, 2015 at 4:37 PM - Response #1

Displaying the actual PDF file on a web page is not possible in the website. You could put the jpg image, then select the image and have the link that is created open up the PDF file when the image is clicked.

Friday, October 9, 2015 at 4:49 PM - Response #2

Take a look at this thread, response #7 in particular.

Friday, October 9, 2015 at 5:11 PM - Response #3

Lynn, for a PDF with only a few pages, Adobe provides an easy way to get an "image" of the PDF.

Select Edit and then Copy File to Clipboard.

Now open up an imaging editing program (Photoshop, PSP, Irfanview,Gimp etc) and select Paste. You'll see your page as an image.

Now save as a jpg (don't use too much compression and it will be very readable) and upload to File or Image vault. File is a bit more flexible, Image is a little bit easier since it generates the img code too. If you put on home page use File vault otherwise CC squishes the size down too small.

Announcements /home page is not a good place to do this because of size issues that arise. But maybe a small size will work for you? All depends on where it ends up on the home page.

Do this for each page. This works for current Adobe Reader. Not sure when it was added, although there was something similar but you had to select the area and copy.

Edited 10/09/15 5:13 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.