ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Expired Domain Name

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/02/15 12:32 AM Views: 977 Replies: 7
Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 12:32 AM

I got an e-mail tonight saying that someone had joined a class site whose domain name I let expire several months ago due to a lack of participation. How is that possible?

When I type in the name of the website in the URL box, I get a message saying that the server cannot be found, but when I clicked on the Edit This Classmate Here link in the e-mail, the website shows up.

The site is (or more appropriately, was) Salina Central High School Class of 1979 (Salina, Kansas).

Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 1:00 AM - Response #1

Did your link go HERE ?

Class site data is independent of domain expiration.

Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 3:31 AM - Response #2

When I clicked on the link in that e-mail, it did. When I type the address in, it takes me to a page that says the website cannot be found.

At any rate, there is zero chance that I will be bringing that site back, so CC can get rid of it as far as I'm concerned.

Edited 07/02/15 4:36 AM
Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 11:38 AM - Response #3

That brings up and interesting issue. Sites like yours that are abandoned can still be found by using the CC search system. Thus people can "join" not realizing it's not really active. That's what happened here.

There are quite a few sites that are like that.

Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 2:34 PM - Response #4

Hi Joe,

We can delete it for you or you can leave it out there with the free with ads program and see if the classmates trickle in or if someone else is interested in taking it over. We don't assume or auto-delete as many classes have been semi-dormant for years only to get active as it gets closer to a new milestone reunion.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 5:10 PM - Response #5

Go ahead and delete it, Jessica. They just want to stick to their Facebook group only, so there's no sense keeping it.

Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 5:36 PM - Response #6

Hi Joe,

The Salina 1979 site has been removed from the system.

Jessica

Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 8:53 PM - Response #7

Thanks, Jessica.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.